Despite holding a bag smelling of fish in one of his hands, Tomo jumped towards him to pull Kazuha into a tight hug, sweeping him from the ground with the way he lifted him. The man squeezed him, stumbled further into the house whereas he used his foot to close the door behind him. "I missed you."

The sudden shift in his tone, the way his joy turned into pure fondness had Kazuha dissolving into a puddle. He gladly hugged him back and buried his face into Tomo's shoulder, allowing himself to breathe in his scent at last – after two weeks of not seeing each other. His chest swelled with immediate relief and joy, and even words couldn't summarize the emotions gushing through every inch of his body at once. Kazuha adored him so much.

And so, he returned the affection, the words repeating itself like a melody. "I missed you too."

They were like that one cheesy pair that couldn't stand a second of being apart: like how plants couldn't live without its oxygen, how the moon couldn't exist without the sun, how one fundamental trait would cease to exist eithout the other – two contrasting personalities, yet they understood each other so well.

If one day passed without the other, Kazuha would miss him.
If a week passed without Tomo, he would have his worries.
If a month passed without him, his heart would bleed with the desire to see him, crying for his love.
If a year then would pass... what was Kazuha supposed to do..? The idea of it was horrifying already. But it felt so familiar; a parting from past events. A forceful one.

A part of him taken, a loss from which Kazuha had to move on. Sceneries flashed through his mind like a confusing cinema, but once lightning striked, Kazuha shook his head and clung tighter to Tomo.
There was no use in thinking about negative things with what he currently had. He didn't even dare to think about it, accepting his current feelings, accepting what he currently had before his very eyes embracing him. There was no point in going back to a past that was irrelevant to the present. And perhaps, it was time to move on from his fears.

"Kazuha?"

The albino flinched. He glanced up to Tomo who stared at him in worry; his expression said it all– "What's wrong?"

There was nothing wrong.
Kazuha was starting to believe that his memories were hallucinations and he clung onto his sanity like an insane man. He believed Tomo when he said that he had died, but when exactly had it happened? How the hell did he deal with it, given that Kazuha should've known him in a timeline he couldn't even remember? The memories were faint, so vague that it scared Kazuha. Of what he felt during that time if he really was as deeply in love with him. If his feelings originated from a past life he sought to forget– was it for his own protection?

Despite telling himself to stop thinking about it, the thoughts came flooding into his mind like a never-ending waterfall. Kazuha slowly shook with fear and looked at the blonde in pure terror, stuck in a trance, in a world he was unable to leave.
But as all hope began to leave him, a seal of their lips was what snapped him back to reality.

It was awkward, really. The way their mouths stiffly brushed together was the sole proof that both were complete virgins when it came to kisses. Kazuha still fluttered his eyes shut for the brief moment in which they shared their kiss though, leaning further into it until Tomo decided to part them at last. The connection was a quick one, yet so gentle and full of affection; with the intention to give Kazuha's brain a concussion and immediately bring his negative thoughts to an end.