You frowned as you tapped your fingers against your arm, turning your head away from Troy and sighing. You were too drunk to think about this deeply.

****

You had spent almost the entire day packing. Even though it was a two day trip, you had no idea what it would entail. You didn't know if you would be taken to some fancy ball, or somewhere very professional. So, you packed everything you could for as many occasions that you could think of in a massive suitcase. You had sent a text message to Edward explaining why you couldn't come and he was very understanding. The both of you decided to reschedule the date for another time.

You were still hungover even after five hours of you waking up. You pushed your limits last night to the point of not only throwing up during the night, but even after you woke up. You felt horrible and you would've rather died than have had to spend seven hours on a flight to a country where the time zones were different. You just wanted to sleep.

Mr Ren helped you put your luggage in the trunk of his car before you headed towards the back door. That was when you realised after seeing that no one was no one else sitting in the car. It was really just you and him. He ushered you to sit in the front while you completely panicked. You had thought over the conversation with Troy last and you had come to the conclusion that your feelings toward Mr Ren were complicated. You did have a crush on him, but not the kind of crush that would last a while, you thought. You just needed time to get over it. You told yourself that it was because you were spending too much time with him all of a sudden.

"Did you get home safely last night?" Mr Ren said as he began to drive.

"Yeah," you said. "Me and Troy took an uber back to my house. He's still asleep."

Mr Ren nodded. "I'm glad. Did you have time to look over the schedule for the next two days?"

"No, I haven't actually," you said. "I was busy packing. I'm sorry."

"It's an honest mistake. Don't worry." He looked at you as he said it and your heart fluttered. You had to clear your throat to keep yourself calm. "When we arrive today, you don't have to do anything, you can just sleep at the hotel, but tomorrow we're going to visit a variety of art galleries. Ren Industries is considering investing in one, so we're doing research on them and I think it would be good to have an experienced person with me."

"Experienced? Mr Ren, I just have a degree. I'm not a professional," you said.

"Nonsense, I've seen your art and you're very good," he said and you smiled.

"Thank you," you said.

"You're welcome. Monday, we're going to be meeting with Simplicité at a conference. I'm going to speak for around fifteen minutes and then consult with the creators of the company. Now, I know you're not too comfortable with public speaking, but I've set you up for a short speech explaining the line design just like you did for me."

"I don't know how comfortable I am with that–"

"I just want you to try. I trust that you can do it and if you feel like right before the speech that you don't want to present, I'll call it off immediately."

You took a second to consider it. It would be good practice. "Okay."

"Good," he said and smiled. "Then there's going to be an afterparty with everyone from their company."

"So should I dress fancy or?"

"Just wear what you would at a club."

You nodded. "Got it."

"It's going to be a little difficult to keep up with the time difference, but we're going to need to pull through because we don't have many days."

You hummed.

"That's it."

"Okay, I'm looking forward to it." you slid your hands under your thighs.

"Great," he said as he made a right turn. "You can put on some music if you like, by the way."

You laughed. "I would, but I don't think we have the same music taste."

He hummed in thought. "I was slightly concerned at what I heard you put the night we bumped into each other at work."

"Yeah," you giggled. "I promise it's not as bad as you think it is. What kind of music do you listen to?"

"Guess."

You'd never seen him act so casual. He was usually robotic when you spent time with him. "I don't know—classical?"

"Wow, I feel a little offended." He laughed.

"Why?" You said. "There's nothing wrong with it. It can be very soothing."

"Do you actually think I'm that boring?"

"No, of course not," you blurted out. "I'm sorry if I offended you."

"It's okay, I was joking," he said. "I do listen to some classical, but not all."

You looked down as you crossed your arms and tried your hardest not to laugh.

"What?" Mr Ren said, noticing your reaction.

"I don't think I've ever seen you joke before. It's weird."

He scoffed. "I make jokes sometimes."

"Never in front of me," you said while laughing.

"I guess you haven't spent enough time with me," he said.

Your laughter started to die down as you realised what he had said. Is he flirting with me? You thought to yourself. But he couldn't be. Someone as powerful as himself couldn't ever flirt with someone like you. "So, what kind of music do you listen to, Mr Ren?" You tried to go back to your original topic.

"Anything from the 80s," he said.

"Makes sense," you said. "You were born at that time."

"Very good observation."

"I try my hardest," you said sarcastically.