Chapter Four: Questioning Reality

Start from the beginning

“Are you okay?” I ask from where I am.

He nods, closing his eyes as David steps into the darkness behind him. He seems to melt into it and disappear. I whip my head around me to try to locate him. As I squint my eyes to try to look to the other side of Louis’ circle, a hand clamps down on my shoulder, preventing me from jumping out of my skin as I am sure I would’ve.

“Come on, Tianna,” another light turns on to reveal a bed. A silk-looking canopy draped around it’s comforter from the four, high, carved, wooden poles. “Just a little fun in luxury?”

“No. I’m engaged. I don’t need your silly games. I need love. Not a fuck-buddy,” I tell him evenly, despite the tears I feel running down my cheeks.

“I don’t want you to be just a fuck-buddy, though. I want you to be mine. You could marry me instead. You don’t want that worthless douche bag,” David spits, shooting Louis a nasty glare.

“I don’t love you. Not one bit!” I snarl in his face.

David’s face scrunches up in disgust. “You-” His fist flies out instead of the rest of the sentence. I cringe, waiting for impact, but it doesn’t come. I slowly open my eyes to see his tan knuckles just centimeters from my nose.

“Bitch.” He finishes, shoving me down. I fall onto my back, pain exploding from my spine and running throughout my body. David leans over me, his hips in between my thighs. “Just a little bit of sex can’t hurt you. It sure doesn’t hurt me.”

“For one, it does hurt. For another, did you just call me a bitch?” I ask with attitude.

“Of course I did, seeing as you are my bitch,” David smirks before leaning down and kissing my neck. I flinch away. He moves closer, persistently sucking on my skin and kissing me.

“Stop.”

David lifts his head. “What the hell do you want?” David growls to Louis.

Louis lifts a finger and points to me. “My wife.”

David looks from me to Louis. “No. I do not share very well,” he smirks up at my fiancé.

“Too bad you’ll have to share a cell in prison,” Louis pulls a foot back and kicks David in the chest. David rolls away from me, clutching his ribs. He groans as Louis stalks over to him. “You’ve messed with the wrong guy’s girl,” he snarls down at the rapist on the floor. With a quick glance at me, he jumps onto David’s chest; both feet and all his weight.

David splutters and coughs up blood. He starts to crawl away after Louis steps off of him, but my man just kicks him in the stomach. I can’t watch this anymore.

I crawl away, towards my babies. I hear fighting noises the entire time I bruise my knees on the concrete. I just need to know my babies are okay. They are my everything and I love them so much. I pick up Charlie and Tommy in my arms. They are both sleeping. I don't notice that the background noises have ceased until David is standing over me.

'Those children are unworthy. They are not mine, therefore they shall not live,” David growls down at me. He snatches my baby Charlie from me before I can react. He holds my baby out far away from his body. As David crinkles his nose, he moves his hands swiftly, and a loud snap echoes into the blackness then back to my ears.

I dissolve into tears as I realize what it was. I cling onto Tommy, scared that he might suffer the same fate. He can’t snap both my babies’ necks, right? That is just wrong. David does have a heart, right? Somewhere? On vacation? I remember Louis.