"The goatee?" Adam asks.

    "Yeah,"

    "So, say goatee."

    "Yeah, he doesn't matter."

    "None of them matter." You looked at Adam with pure sympathy. You knew the loss of his father really hit him hard. He didn't like that his mom was trying to replace his father, that she was so okay with life. Like she was over him already. It bothered him a lot.

    "Nice dog." The man broke the silence. It was then that I realized that Hawking was in the room and was laying on the man's lap, unfazed. It was like he knew the man which was impossible.

"I'm gonna go inside the house. I'm gonna get some stuff" The man got up and started walking our way, heading for the door.

Adam gripped his bat getting ready to swing at the man.

"Hey, careful with that." After the man said that he swung at him with full force. Somehow the man saw it coming and caught it, taking it away from Adam's hands and threw it outside. "Stay here." Both you and Adam couldn't move. You wanted to chase after the man but your legs wouldn't allow you to move an inch. You were scared out of your mind. So, you did the one thing that would reassure you that everything would be okay, you turned to Adam.

When you both caught each other's eyes for a second you forgot everything around you. You became unaware of your surroundings. But then you remembered there's a hobo astronaut wandering inside the house. He could tell you were scared so he interlocked your hands and nodded, silently asking if you were okay to go into the house after the man. You nodded back to him. You followed behind Adam preparing yourself for the worst.

When we first entered the house we hid behind the fridge for a minute. We watched as he took an apple from the fridge and closed it but then kicked it again with the back of his foot. That's weird, how did he know it was broken? He started rummaging through the kitchen drawers looking for something. We sneakily took a few steps into the kitchen.

"Told you to stay in the garage." He said, startling us. We barely even made any noise.

"And let some creepy dude just wander around my house alone? I don't think so." Adam sassed.

"Yeah believe me. I don't wanna be here any more than you want me here." The man retorted with a sentence that didn't even make sense. If he doesn't want to be here, then why is he?

Adam started looking through the man's bag he left on the counter. He pulled out a black sphere, similar to a magic 8 ball.

"I just gotta stop bleeding long enough. Gotta dress the wound, prevent a nasty infection, and I will be on my merry way." He said finally making some sense of why he's here. He caught sight of Adam playing with the item he found in his bag and snatched it out of his hands.

"Don't touch that." He rolled his eyes

"I was just looking." Adam innocently justified.

"Don't touch my stuff." He said in the harshest tone I've ever heard.

    Something caught your eyes in the bag, It was a silver cylinder. You thought for a second about his words, "Don't touch my stuff." but then realized that this is some random man that broke into your best friend's house. Why does he deserve respect? You pulled out the object, it oddly looked exactly like a lightsaber.

    "Is this a lightsaber?" You asked curiously. He quickly snatched it from your grip.

    "No, it's not a lightsaber."

    "Okay," said sightly disappointed. It would've been cool. As you said that Adam picked up the bat.

    "Enough with the bat!" He threw the bat roughly behind him. "If I wanted to hurt you I would have done it already. If I'm being honest with myself, you have a very punchable face." Adam's hand shot up in front of his face, he was clearly offended. The man grabbed the wet cloth and lifted up his shirt to apply it to the wound.