Ch. 1 - The Adoption

Start from the beginning

"It'th otay Willy. If he wantth to take me then I'll go." The little girl added to the situation.

"No. I promithed we'd be together ferever."

"What are your names?" I asked them.

"I'm William." He said with a pouted lip and eye brows furrowed together.

"I'm Jordan." The little girl added.

"Would the both of you like to come home with me and meet my mummy?" The boy's expression softened. He looked at his sister and she smiled. She nodded and stood up. "Ok. You two stay here for a moment. I'll go and have a talk with that lady ok?"

"Otay." They said in unison. I stood up and walked over to the young woman who was watching the children.

"I'm ready." I told her. She lead me to a separate room where I could sign papers for the kids to legally be mine.

"Alright. Who are you going to adopt?" She asked.

"William and Jordan. They just seem so perfect. Especially together." She looked extremely happy. Immediately she got out the papers and handed me a pen.

"No one's ever wanted the twins. They've been here ever since they were new borns. It'll be good for them to finally have a home. I'll start packing their things so you can be ready to take them." She explained. I finished signing the papers and now the two siblings were my own adopted children. We left the room and I went back into the room where the two were. They looked at me and smiled. I returned their smile and went up to them.

"Guess what?" I said to them.

"What?!" They said in unison.

"You two are coming home with me." I replied. They smiled and hugged each other. They turned to me and hugged me. I stood back up and held onto their hands. We went to the front desk and waited for the girl.

"Here you are. Their suitcases and their car seats are right there against the wall. By the way they are two but they know a lot." The lady told me.

"Oh ok. Could you help me get the car seats in the car then?" I asked.

"Of course." We both got a car seat and a suitcase and descended down the few steps and went to my car. I unlocked it and we set the car seats in the back. We made sure they were secure and indeed they were. I grabbed the two suitcases and put them in the boot. I went back to the two children sitting on the steps waiting for me and took their hands into mine.

"Goodbye Willy! Goodbye Jordy!" The orphanage owner called out.

"Bye Jamie." They yelled back in unison. I picked up Jordan and set her in her seat. I buckled her in and then took William to the other side of the car and buckled him into his seat. I closed the door to the backseat and went to the driver's seat. I closed the door and buckled myself with the belt. I started up the engine and started to drive away after waving to the nice woman who was still at the entrance of the orphanage.

"Are you two ready to meet your nan?" I asked them.

"Yeah! We'f never had a nan before." William announced.

"Well you two will love her. She adores children. I'm sure she'll instantly love you two." I told them. Then I started to hear a small humming. When we got to a red light I looked behind me to see Jordan kicking one foot in the air after the other while she looked outside of the window and hummed. I smiled at the small black haired girl. Honestly the two of them looked like they could've been my own biological children. They both had tanned skin and black hair with hazel eyes. They also had long black eye lashes like mine. Honestly I wonder how the boys will like the kids. I decided to put on some music. Hopefully they'd like it. I turned on the radio and apparently one of our songs were on. Live While We're Young.