Chapter Three: The Dreams

Start from the beginning

Zayn sighs. "I'm not stupid, Tianna. I know you can multitask. You should see yourself when you were in Mother-mode. You could make bottles, do laundry, and take care of yourself and your baby, all while holding him. You acted more like superwoman then," he finishes quietly.

I swallow my mouthful. I've heard Louis call me that, but I don't think I’ve heard Zayn say it. I look at him, blinking away my hopefully unnoticeable tears. "That's probably because I was superwoman. Getting freaking stabbed is my kryptonite," I say with more anger than I had anticipated.

Zayn places a hand on my knee. "There's no such thing as a kryptonite for you. You can do anything you want. You've pulled through before, and you can now," he tells me softly.

I look into his sparkling eyes and nod. “Maybe. If I feel like it,” I shrug and finish the pancakes. Zayn sighs, but doesn’t comment as I hand him the empty, closed container. I lean back into the bed and smile to him. He doesn’t return it as he places the container on the bed side table.

“What’s wrong?” my smile falters. Zayn looks me over before shaking his head.

“You just don’t realize how much, how much people would miss you if you were gone,” he runs a finger across the tip of his nose awkwardly.

I shrug and make sure he can’t meet my gaze, even if he tried. He takes my hand in his. He squeezes my hand with the engagement ring on it.

“Louis loves you so much. You should’ve seen how stressed he got. He just wanted you to live. He even told a few people off for saying your name rudely while you were unconscious. You don’t know how much the mood has changed since you woke up. Everybody is so happy. Including me. Louis was the one who had the most hope in you pulling through. He insisted upon us acting normal around Tommy, too. He didn’t want the baby to feed off of our negative-ness. And I think we are all already sick of how he goes on about how you two are getting married,” Zayn chuckles.

I can feel him fiddling with my ring. I look to his fingers around mine. He looks almost longingly to the ring. Does he want somebody for himself? Somebody to cuddle and call his own forever? Maybe Rhyann doesn’t want to settle. Maybe her judgement of him was wrong and they won’t last. I thought the lads would hurt my friends, but maybe it will be the other way around.

“Anyways, the lads want to come over. Louis got me an outfit for you to change into, because we all know how much you love hospital gowns,” Zayn smirks.

I meet his eyes to smile. I wasn’t even wearing one. I chuckle.

“You think you’ll need help?” Zayn asks awkwardly. “Er- the better question is, would you accept my help?” he offers.

I blush. “I think I’d have to if I’m sticking to this whole ‘cares about me’ thing,” I roll my eyes.

“Take it seriously. Come on. I can try to help with my eyes closed?” he smirks as he takes my hands to lead me to the bathroom.

“Okay. Let’s see how that works out for us,” I walk slowly with him to the bathroom.

Louis’ point of view.

“Oh my gosh! Hi, Louis! I’ve missed you!” Laurena runs up and hugs me. I smile as she almost knocks me off balance.

“I’ve missed you, too. I’m so glad to see you guys again,” I lift Laurena up and carry her as I smile to the rest of Tianna’s family.

“Hi, Louis. We were so happy to hear the news. And thank you so much for paying for the tickets here,” Tianna’s Mum smiles sheepishly to me.

I give her a hug. “No problem. I didn’t tell Tianna you were coming. I was just going to bring you guys to the hospital to surprise her,” I smile some more. I can’t help it. I love Tianna’s family. And she’s awake! I still can’t believe we’re engaged.