Chapter 6 Red Sky At Morning

Começar do início

'I see,'

'So, anyways, we were talking about your niece,'

'Well, yes. Sheila mentioned something quite strange before she died. She said she saw a boat,'

'A boat?' Dean asks.

'Yes. One minute it was there, then it was gone. It just disappeared right before her eyes. You think it could be a...ghost ship? Alex thinks it could be a ghost ship,' She answers to Sam, staring at him intently.

'Well, um...Could be,' Sam responds, thrown off by her intense look.

'Well. You let me know if there is anything else I can do for you,' She traces a finger slowly along Sam's hand. Sam looks uncomfortable over towards Hermione, and Dean clears his throat, smirking broadly. 'Anything at all,'

Sam, Dean and Hermione walk along the docks. The water is crowded with pristine, moderately sized boats.

'What a crazy old broad,' Dean points out.

'Why? Because she believes in ghosts?' Sam asks.

Dean laughs. 'Look at you, sticking up for your girlfriend. You cougar hound,'

'Bite me,'

'Hey, not if she bites you first. So, who is this Alex? We got another player in town?'

'Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't change our job,'

'And what looked like a ghost ship, right?'

'Yeah. It's not the first one sighted around here, either,' Hermione points out.

'Really,'

'Yeah. Every 37 years, like clockwork, reports of a vanishing three-mast clipper ship out in the bay. And every 37 years, a rash of weirdo, dry-land drowings,' Sam responds.

'So, what ever is happening is just getting started,'

'Yeah,'

'What's the lore?' Dean asks Hermione.

'Well, there are different apparitions of old wrecks sighted all over the world. The S.S. Violet, the Griffin, the Flying Dutchman—almost all of them are death omens,' Hermione answers.

'So, what happens? You see the ship and then a few hours later, you pucker up and kiss your ass goodbye?'

'In theory yes but I could be people who ever saw it died of fright,'

'What's the next step?'

'I got to I.D. the boat,' Sam responds.

'That shouldn't be too hard. I mean, how many three-mast clipper ships have wreched off the coast?'

'I checked that too actually. Over one hundred and fifty,'

'Wow,'

'Yeah,'

'Crap,'

'Mm-hmm,' They approach an empty parking space.

Dean looks around confused. 'This is where we parked the car, right?'

'I thought so,'

'Where is my car?'

'Did you feed the meter?' Hermione asks.

'Yes. I fed the meter. Sam where is my car? Somebody stole my CAR!' Dean's voice starts to rise in panic.

'Hey, hey, hey! Calm down. Dea—'

'I am calmed down! Somebody stole my ca—' He begins to hyperventilate, bending over to clutch his knees to calm down.

Sam looks around, he hears Dean gasping and runs over to him. 'Whoa. Dean. Hey, hey, hey. Take it easy,'