You didn't say anything about it but started to play the game with him while trying to pinpoint where you recognized that smell.

Then it came to you.

"Armin..." you mumbled under your breath while resting your head on his shoulder and he slowly turned his head toward you.

"What?"

"Armin...you smell like that horrendous candle he's been obsessed with." You sniffed him again and he paused the game.

"What? No, I don't."

"Yes, you do, and don't lie to me." You said back to him and he sighed loudly and set the controller down.

"Nothing gets by you, huh?"

"Wait...did you...?"

"Did I what?" He asked and you gave him a frail concerned look.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked while you started to piece together what you thought you wanted to know.

"Nothing...nothing. Let's just keep playing," you shrugged it off, acting as if you were just asking and you focused back on the screen, you leaned on him and he leaned back on the couch, he put his arm around you and the two of you played a video game together.

"Can we go get ice cream?" You suggested after the two of you played for around an hour.

"Yeah sure. Let's go," he paused the game and you watched him check his pocket for his keys, the two of you left your apartment and got into his car.

"Have you thought about living in a house again?"  He asked while driving and you realized that you still never found your wallet.

"My wallet! It's still gone...fuck, can you stop at the bank so I can cancel my card?"

"Which wallet was it?"

"The red one."

"That one didn't have your credit or debit card in it, you paid for the hotel with the card I gave you. I got the notification yesterday, your wallet is on top of the dresser,"  he answered and you felt immediate relief.

"Oh. Thanks...and no, I haven't really thought about it except for your house. I'm too picky, there's always a room in the houses here that I just don't like,"

"Hm," he hummed and pulled over to the side where the ice cream shop was.

You both walked inside, he got a sundae and you just got two scoops of ice cream on a cone. While sitting together inside, you licked your Cinnamon Toast Crunch flavored ice cream and he was licking the whipped cream off his.

"What a coincidence meeting you two here," An officer, the same one from last night walked over in front of the table you and Eren were sitting at.

"If you don't mind me asking, where were you earlier today?"

"I've been with her at her apartment since we woke up." Eren answered and you continued licking your ice cream.

"Is that true?" The cop looked at you and so did Eren.

"Yes-"

"Did he ever leave you? To go anywhere else during the period of one PM through two?" The cop questioned and you made sure not to look nervous, as long as you believe it was true so would he.

"No. He was with me the entire time watching a movie," You answered and Eren took a scoop of his sundae.

"Why?" Eren asked, very skeptical of why he was even asking but before the cop answered Eren out his hands right over your ears instantly.