~Chapter~9~Twists and Turns~

Start from the beginning

We went next door to Mrs. Ray’s room where he knocked on the door, and a few moments later she answered, “oh, hello what is it Derik?” she asked.

“I was wondering if you could do me the biggest favor in the world.”

She sighed, “and what can I bend over backwards for you thins time?”

He laughed a little, “I just would need to borrow a car, I know you have two, but I need to go see my sisters grave.”

She was very serious now, “now with that I will definitely help you with, hang on.” She went back into her room and returned a little later with a ring that held a key on it, “take your time its no rush hun this also gives me a chance to ride around in my low rider!” she and Derik laughed and I was just confused.

After their little conversation Derik and I went back down the elevator and around the corner into a big room that held hundreds of metallic beasts.

“okay so before you freak out, let me just clarify,” Derik said turning to me, “nothing in here will hurt you they are not alive and will not hurt you okay?”

                I nodded and followed him to a very shiny beast that was long sleek yellow, and had a long black stripe that ran perfectly down its back.

                Derik went to its right side and stuck the key into it, a small clicking sounded, and he lifted a latch and opened a door, I held the urge to jump back because Derik assured me that nothing would harm me. he pushed me down into it and closed the door moving around and getting in on the opposite side.

                The interior was amazing! Yellow and black ran along the inside, and it was dry not like any beast I have ever known.

                He put the key into another hole and turned it and the beast roared, I slunk down and stood perfectly still hoping it wouldn’t notice I was inside of it.

“uh what are you do….” I cut off Derik’s question.

“shush, it doesn’t know we are inside of it yet.” I whispered.

He tore my hand from him mouth and started giggling nonstop, “what is it?”

“the car is not alive silly.” He giggled, “we use these for faster transportation form one place to another.” He explained showing me things at his feet that he called pedals, one to make the inanimate beast move quicker, and the other to slow it.

“so it’s a more advanced beast than the hippocambie.” I realized aloud.

“what are hippocambie?” he asked.

“their half horse and half sea serpent, but not like you it looks more like a scaly fish snake tail.” I really couldn’t explain it the way my mother could.

His eyes widened, “I so have to ride one when we get back!” he exclaimed.

I just chuckled and nodded my consent.

He pumped his fist in the air again, and his mood changed again to that sad and depressed look saying, “hold on.” And throwing a stick and pressing the accelerating pedal. I almost screamed when we whipped out of the ‘parking garage’.

He turned the wheel sharply making us turn the corner and onto a ramp a few feet away, and beyond that many more of the ‘cars’ were also running along the side us, I looked over at the ones on my side through the see though barrier, and marveled at how many different shapes and sizes these cars came in; white, black, blue, and even some with abnormal patterns on them that seemed to form words.