♡𝗔 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁♡

Start from the beginning

From the moment you'd commenced your journey with them, you'd never once missed the opportunity to be by their side. Whether it was an interview or a concert, you were constantly there to support them, most times in the background.

But of course, there were events where you were a little less hidden and a lot more thrust into the spotlight - and the current party was one of those events.

At the present event, nearly everyone knew whom you were and why you were there - but hardly anyone knew that you were tormented and distraught.

As mentioned before, life with the boys was nothing short of perfection - but that didn't mean that you were exempt from the misery of poorly mitigated stress, specifically in your marriage.

Indeed, for the past year, the state of your once exemplary marriage had begun to deteriorate, and drastically at that.

Whilst your relationship with the other three boys remained rock solid, your bond with your husband had weakened, and the most frustrating thing was the fact that you didn't know why your marriage had taken such a hit.

In just one year, the two of you had quarrelled more times than a couple married for a decade might have done; in just one year, the two of you had begun to spend consecutive nights in different rooms; in just one year, you had spiralled into deep depression and anxiety, having quickly become extremely dependent on sleeping pills; and in just one year, Brian had begun to turn into someone you barely recognized.

Where there had once been a loving, tender and attentive husband, there was now a stoic, serious and work-obsessed man. In the recent months, he seemed to only ever care about his career, about his studies, about the things that drove his desire for achievement - so much so, it looked as though he had forgotten that he was married.

But there was no way either of you could have forgotten that you were married, because the explosive arguments between the pair of you were a harsh reminder that you had already tied the knot three years prior.

It was crazy to see how different the two of you had become, and there were many moments in your life where you felt as though you were completely helpless. You had fallen into despair at the decline of your marriage, and that was what had brought you to the current state you were in - miserable in a room full of happy-faced people.

Yet despite all of that, you and Brian still loved each other, which was the only reason you were both holding on to a marriage that seemed due for release.

Naturally, it was hard to see that love - but it was irrefutably there.

Bringing yourself back to the present moment, your eyes continued to scan the crowd as tears formed in your eyes. In public, you were forced to put on a facade - expected to play the part of a fulfilled young wife that had no complaints about her marriage, just as Brian was required to step into the role of a husband that couldn't have wanted more.

Constantly having to pretend had only added further detriment to your relationship, for all communication would be broken down by the time the two of you were actually alone together.

So there you were, now focused on the figure of your husband with a heavy weight imposed on your heart. You could see him smiling and casually interacting with a fellow musician in the industry, skillfully behaving as though he didn't have a single problem within the context of his home life.

In other words, he was holding up the pretense a whole lot better than you were, especially considering that the pair of you had had a nasty argument shortly before making your way to the event.