Chapter 2: Artificial Strawberry Lipgloss

Sadie changed her outfit a total of fifteen times before leaving for Blue's party.

Getting into her black mustang Sadie put in the location of the party. Pulling into the parking spot she felt giddy and anxious like a child. Blue was in there and the events tonight would affect their friendship forever. Walking in she felt eyes on her and couldn't help but notice how differently dressed she was from the other students. Her black muted outfit contrasted with the bright neon colors illuminating her peers. She was used to it but the contrast always felt awkward to others.

Sadie's eyes searched the room as she walked for a particularly curvy woman most likely dressed in pink. Blue's brown skin caught her eyes immediately and she admired how it seemed to gleam in the multicolored party lights. Blue's back was toward Sadie and this made it easier for her to approach.

" Do I look hot?" Sadie overheard Blue asking her friend.

Looking Blue up and down Sadie shook her head confused on how Blue could ever doubt how hot she was.

Sensing a presence behind her, Blue turned around her confusion immediately turning into excitement.

" You came! " Blue exclaimed immediately hugging Sadie, a friendly gesture evolving into something more intimate once Blue's hands made their way to Sadie's hips.

" You asked so of course, I did" Sadie responded so low Blue almost didn't hear her.

Resting her head on Blue's shoulder, she wrapped her arms around Blue's neck.

Blushing at the seemingly insignificant words Blue brought her lips up to the shy girl's ear.

" Dance with me" Blue smiled and pulled her towards the dance floor.

Sadie's P.O.V

Her hands slid down my waist again and my heart began to pound loudly in my ears. Everything around me faded out and all I could focus on was Blue. Her eyes and the way they stared straight into mine as we danced. Her smile mirrored mine and that anxiousness I felt when I originally got to the party melted away. Her brown skin seemed to glow in the fractal lights. My arms wrap around her neck and I watch as her bottom lip tucked into her mouth as she briefly searched my face. Looking as if she was contemplating she eventually looked back at me. She spoke but with the loud music and the pounding of my heartbeat, I couldn't hear her.

" What" I tried to holler but more hesitation displayed on her face.

Looking around I saw a room door and dropped my hand to clasp hers. Her hands were just as soft as I remembered. Looking down at our hands I suppressed my grin. She was staring at them too, rubbing her thumb over the back of my hand. It was now or never and if I didn't ask Blue today someone would by tomorrow. Walking towards the room she followed behind me navigating around everyone.

Hearing the door click and the muffled noise in the other room brought me back to reality. Turning around I was met with Blue's perplexed demeanor. I practiced a thousand times how I would tell her how I felt. I didn't have corny flowers or a cheap box of chocolates. Just me and my scrambled thoughts.

" Hey, is everything ok?" she took my hand back into hers, concern present in her eyes.

" Yeah " was all I could muster with her hands in mine and her body so close.

She smelt sweet and her warmth was the only source of comfort at this moment.

" I like you" my heart stopped and my nerves wouldn't allow me to see her reaction.

" What? " she breathlessly replied, almost amused.

" I like like you Blue. You are just so sweet and nice it warms my heart every time you are around. I've liked you for a while now and just didn't know how to tell you" I fumbled over the last part, my brain practically begging me to shut up.

" I mean look at you, you're gorgeous and why would you go for a girl like me. I mean I don't even know if your gay or like girls at all. I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable. I just couldn't hold it anymore. I mean-" before I could finish the idiotic thought hands were on my face and artificial strawberry lipgloss on my lips.

My brain caught up with my body and I kissed her back. Hands lightly clinging to her wrists. My body felt hot and my brain was too mushed to comprehend what was happening. Was she drunk and making a mistake? As far as I knew Indigo only liked guys or that was the only gender I saw her date. I broke the kiss due to a lack of air and an overwhelming amount of guilt.

" Wait Indigo are you drunk" my heart sank at the thought of her not remembering this or worse regretting this.

I didn't want to be one else's regret or mistake. My hands faltered from her wrist dropping and I slightly pulled away. Staring at the smeared mixture of black lipstick and lipgloss on her face I fought the urge to wipe it off.

Taking one of my hands again and pulling me closer by my waist with the other, she smiled. Her sweet smell subtly soothed me while my nerves were wearing thin.

" I don't drink Sadie" she softly smiled at me.

" You know I've had a crush on you since freshman year biology class" she placed the hand that was holding mine on my jaw.

Shocked, all I could do was blush and look away reeling in my new reality.

" Look at me Sadie" she softly asked, moving my face back towards hers.

" I like like you too " she chuckled in a way that released a swarm of butterflies in my stomach.

" Will you be my super hot punk girlfriend ?" she smirked questioning me in a painfully cheesy manner.

I laughed feeling my body relax at the horrible phrasing of the question.

" That was so corny" I stepped closer to her, our lips almost touching.

" Yeah, but you liked it though. I can tell by the bright red blush on your face" she retorted like a smart ass.

Mocking the trope I responded, " O-Only if you are my gorgeous girly g-girlfriend".

I was falling over my words now more excited than anxious. She wanted to be my girlfriend. My heart skipped a beat at the thought.

" Now that was way more cliche than me but- " she scoffed, closing the gap between our lips.

" Deal" she smiled, kissing me and giggling in the same giddy I felt.

Her hands slipped under my shirt and I leaned into the warm sensation. Hearing the doorknob wiggle I shot up stepping away from Blue who raised her brow at me for doing so.

" Ocupado" she hollered and the door opened anyway.

" Indigo?" the boy said and my stomach dropped.

Indigo's ex-boyfriend's brother just caught us kissing. I harshly wiped off her lip gloss with the back of my hand. Thinking of any and every way to explain this I tried to speak.

" We were just-" before I could finish Blue cut me off.

" I was making out with my girlfriend duh" she smirked at me, trying to set my worry at bay.

Yet it did quite the opposite because I knew that this wasn't going to be the last of it. Especially when it came to Blue's ex and how he would react to us being together.