- 𝙃𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙧 0.02 💬

Start from the beginning

"No!!!" Anya whimpered out, shaking her head side to side persistently "I hate studying!" She added, glaring at the back of Loid's hand. Grabbing a piece of chip from the plastic bag in front of you, you plopped into of your mouth and munch it before gazing down at your phone and began playing again.

"I need to know your academic level to prepare for the entrance exam." Loid tiredly stated, not wanting to deal with Anya's crying.

Anya angrily pouted, tears forming in the corner of her irises "I don't need to study! I can do the test, I just listen out for—" People's thoughts

"What? Are you planning on cheating?" Loid questioned in disbelief, frowning at Anya. looking at her in a disapproving way "Look if both of you didn't get in, it's—" Mission failed.

Because Loid and Anya are in direct rivalry, Loid gave up and tossed the book on the table near them before looking at you, who had been completely silent the entire time. He sighed again as he watched you continue to play on your phone while disregarding his presence.

"(Name), put your games down and go study. if you don't study enough, you'll flunk the upcoming entrance exam." Loid scolded, folding his arms against his chest, he narrowed his eyes directly at you.

"Huh?" Blinking in confusion, your eyes turned dots. Cocking your head of the side, your face showed genuine confusion. "Flunk...? What's that?"

"Ha? You don't know what flunk means?!" Loid enquires out, completely taken aback at your question. And here he thought he chose the foremost smartest kids in the orphanage, was he wrong choosing them in the first place?!

With that cue, Anya chimed into their conversation, grinning ear to ear "Ane-chan doesn't need to study cause she's already, super, super  smart." She claims, repeating the 'super' and emphasizing it, then pointing her finger at you with admiration glinting her green orbs.

"Ane-chan doesn't know what's failure mean, is cause she never experienced failure in her life!" She added, clapping her hands together. With all those claims, Loid was even more dumbfounded than ever before

"That's...." Unbelievable, is that even possible? Loid thought in bewilderment as glanced at you with astonishing face. Sighing mentally, Well at least I don't have to worry about her failing if that's the case. The only thing I need to worry about now is Anya not wanting to study. He concluded

Raising from your spot, you dusted a few crumbs on your lap before grabbing your snack laid across the table. As you were about to walk away without uttering any words to them.

Loid arched an eyebrow "Where do think you're going?" He questioned, but you only continued stepping away without sparing any glance at him

"None of your business." You coldly reply, before slamming the door loudly. Making Anya flinch at the noise bouncing on every corner of the room.

Loid rubs the bridge of his nose "That girl..." He muttered under his breath.

"Ane-chan hates you so much, chichi." An arrow instantly went flying directly at Loid's chest and piercing his heart in half. Sighing defeatedly, he lowered his head as a shadow were covering his face

"I know that There's no need to be blunt about it." He sully muttered, dealing with (Name) would be more difficult than I expected. I need to earn her trust, even if it's  a smidgeon. But how? Maybe I should get something for her. What exactly does she even want as a gift? Loid contempt.

"Ane-chan loves gadgets." Anya blurted out, looking at Loid with a straight face "She's been wanting to buy a set of tools for years now. I believe Ane-chan would much be happier if you gave her a new set of tools." Anya enthusiastically bopped her hair. exceedingly confident at her words

"Set of tools...?" Loid repeated, confusion dripping from his tone.

"Yup! Yup! Ane-chan always has been loved making gadgets, back in the orphanage she has a lot of contraptions inside her room." Anya told "The phone she's using now, is one of the gadgets she made herself."

Loid's pupils dilated as he processed the new information. He knew you were gifted, but he didn't realize you were this gifted; you have an incredible mind. How was she even able to create a phone on her own? She's been truly blessed by God to have such a sharp intellect. Loid mentally questioned, bewildered at your talent.

Loid grabbed his blazer from the coach, smoothly slipping it, grabbing his hat from the clothe hanger standing right near the door "Fine, I'm going out for a bit and you're not coming with me this time!"

Anya flinch at her father's statement

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚

Sorry for the late update, if you haven't know yet. My phone was broken, and because of that reason, I wasn't able to write a chapter

And not only that, I am busy helping my mom with her business.