i. hang gliding with dinosaurs

Start from the beginning

"How?" Yasmina exclaimed as she dropped to her knees holding down the supplies they had in a container along with Kenji and Sammy helping,

"I don't know. Pull-on them?" Brooklynn said through her teeth as she held a strong grip on a vine, tilting back in an endeavor to tighten it.

"You said you had raft experience!" Yasmina fired back at Brooklynn, her frustration rising rapidly,

Brooklynn equally as fired up, "I said some raft experience. Some!"

"Oh! So only some of us will die!" Yasmina said sarcastically.

Camille ticked her head over cutting both girls off, "Focus for crying out loud or god help me I will drown you both!!" She spat out standing behind Yasmina holding a tight grip on a vine connected to the sail as she held it tight around her hands.

"The wind's strong. We can just power through--" Brooklynn began, jinxing it as the makeshift sail had ripped off, the vines yanking from Camille's hands and from the wooden post it was fastened to. Yasmina deadpanned while Brooklynn looked guilty.

"Brace yourselves!" Camille managed to cry out before everybody began screaming looking up at the wave as the raft began to tip, everybody held closer to one another, Camille kneeled over the three beside her as the wave came crashing down on top of them flipping the raft entirely as the group went plunging underneath the waters with the current pushing them back to where they started. Back on the islands shore.

Camille crawled away from the waters that kept pushing her as she stumbled to the sand, hating being in the water since the mosasaurus incident. Coughing out the excess water Camille gazed over her shoulder to see her friends doing the same.

"Is everybody okay?" Darius gurgled while wiping sand from his face,

"I think so..." Ben held his head while shaking it from side to side, trying to get the water from his ears.

"Right," Darius sighed, beginning to trudge up the sand, "Back to camp..."

"Again," Yasmina grumbled as she eyed Brooklynn when walking past. It didn't take long to return back to camp as everybody was still drying off, Camille was squeezing her shirt to rid the water from it while Kenji was slapping the side of his head to get water and sand out of his ear.

"Bumpy!" Ben called with his hands cupped around his mouth, "Bumpy!!" He continued calling out. Yasmina furrowed her brows as she approached Camille,

"Camil-" Yasmina said suddenly startling Camille as she spun around nearly knocking Yasmina out with her elbow,

"Hm! Sorry, What's up Yaz?" She said awkwardly lowering her arms.

"Standing over me, Kenj and Sammy on the boat wasnt going to like...protect us much, you know that right?" Yasmina raised a brow, confused about the situation as Camille sniffled shrugging,

"Oh- uh, I know...I mean it's becoming instinct honestly, to just you know protect! Take a look around, I am the oldest here--"

"Were the same age Camille..." Yasmina deadpanned.

Camille made a 'tsk' noise with her tongue pressing it into the side of her mouth, "Actually, I'm sixteen Yaz so basically that makes me the so-called 'protector' of you all because I'm the adult here!, Quoted by Roxie!"