viii. left behind

Začít od začátku

"Camille..?" Yasmina took Camille's hand that was previously on her wrist as she pulled Camille out of the ball she was curled into and onto her back instead watching as the air was beginning to stretch out into her body extremely slowly,

"Please...keep breathing Camille..." Yasmina gently shook the girl's shoulder as Camille's breathing was shallow yet stable, her eyes prying themselves open as Camille was pushing her luck, beginning to sit up with immediate help from Yasmina before the two girls were up on their feet.

Camille slumped into Yasmina feeling lightheaded before regaining her balance, "Where...are the...others..?" Camille wheezed as she shifted her weight, pulling Yasmina's arm over her shoulder while the other arm stayed under her ribs, she made sure Yasmina was okay walking despite her own health.

"There-" Yasmina pointed to the others already together, Camille helping Yasmina walk, her ankle was not doing well at all looking like it was the size of a balloon,

"We gotta look for her, don't we?" Sammy said, worried about everything going on, "And Ben! He might still be--"

Yasmina stopped Sammy as she inched over moving her arm off Camille's shoulder, "How? we don't even know where they are--"

Yasmina collapsed due to her ankle. Camille swept an arm under her waist catching her before she had hit the ground, helping her back to her feet when an automated voice echoed through the marshland.

"Attention. All park-goers must report to the south ferry dock for immediate evacuation. last ferry departs in 60 minutes"

"No chance we could get there in an hour! It's way too far!" Yasmina yelled, pushing away from Camille causing the girl to stumble without Yasmina noticing as her emotions got the better of her.

"Not if we leave right now!" Brooklynn fired back,

"But Bumpy, and Ben...!" Sammy said in defense of the two still missing, Sammy fuelled everybody's anger by now.

"We can't go back for Ben!" Brooklynn yelled as everybody fell silent, looking at the girl, "Ben's...gone"

"There's just not enough time to look for..." Darius couldn't even get the words out as guilt filled his mind,

"We can make it to the ferry, but only if we go now"

Everybody eyed one another as nobody knew what to say or do at the moment as the silence became deafening when Darius let out a sigh everybody's gaze was set upon him,

"We have to go!" His words were crystal clear as he began heading off, everybody following as Kenji was hesitant,

"Kenji...come...on," Camille said as Kenji gripped Bens's fanny pack that he had from beforehand, following behind Camille now as they all kept on running to make it to the dock in time before the final ship leaves.

"Keep going! Come on!" Darius encouraged as Yasmina was falling behind, Camille not long after as well when Yasmina collapsed from her ankle causing Camille to halt as the girl fell at her feet.

"Yaz!" Sammy called, rushing back to help,

"Guys!" Brooklynn called out stopping the boys up ahead before she ran back as well, "Are you alri--" Sammy tried helping yet Yasmina pulled away, holding onto Brooklynn's hand instead.

Camille was frozen in place trying to regain her breath as the conversations around her grew muffled until Camille suddenly hit the floor below and everything was clear again, Brooklynn looked back to Camille who was gripping the grass in pain while gritting her teeth as Brooklynn moved over while Sammy kept by Yasmina.