vii. monorail gone rogue

Start from the beginning

"Go!!" She called seeing Toro beginning to move up the stairs again, Camille kicked down more rubble causing a slippery path for the dinosaur watching it coming speeding towards her, she sprinted up the steps seeing the monorails doors about to close she dived just making it in as she slid hitting the other side of the glass wall with a thud. A painful thud.

Everybody pressed against the glass watching Toro roar as they leave. Camille slowly rolled onto her back feeling a short pain as she did in her lower back from sliding into the wall feeling lightly winded.

"No way. Something bad always happens when we think we're safe" Kenji began babbling on,

"Watch. The doors are gonna open" He went silent, waiting for the doors to open yet nothing happened, Sammy scoffed as she moved away from with a smirk.

"Oh, okay, then, the train's gonna stop because that's how this works" He kept on complaining looking at Brooklynn who looked unamused.

"I'm pretty sure we're safe now," She said with her tone lifting as she began walking off,

"Well, we were until you said that..." He yelled out as everybody began settling down from the whole mess they had escaped, Sammy came over hovering over Camille.

"Are you..alright?" She asked as Camille slowly sat up letting out a breathless cough,

"Yeah, I'm alright now...I think-" She said as Sammy extended her a hand helping the girl to her feet before leading her to a seat setting her down as Camille let out a long breath leaning her back on the wall lifting her feet up onto the seat while watching Sammy walk back over to a seat of her own,

"It's over...Guys, we did it. We're going home.." Darius turned to face everybody as each person's face lit up yet Camille kept quiet as she looked at Kenji seeing the same facial expression though the two looked away when their eyes caught as the night they were found at the raptor pen played in mind.

"My whole life, I've been trying to make him proud, I-If he finds out that I messed up again, he might..." Kenji said but Camille finished his sentence "..Finally, give up on you for good".

The two kids knew about the others home lives, they weren't excited to head back to it just yet.

"Woo hoo!" Sammy jumped up onto her seat cheering as everybody stood for a moment when Darius did the same as her, he jumped up onto his seat and threw his arms high into the air with everybody following as the train was filled with cheering and pure happiness spreading around.

"This calls for a celebration" Brooklynn cheered jumping from seat to seat,

"I might be able to help with that" Ben began pulling out small packets of food, "Stashed a few treats for the road"

"Ooh, sweet!"

"I'm starving!"

"Our little Ben is useful"

"Hey, Camille Catch-" Ben called out throwing the bar horribly as it went straight for her head but she caught it mid-air, oddly not in the mood for any food as she placed it on her seat whereas everybody began eating the food Ben had given out before they all went to spit it out.

"This is nasty" Sammy spat, along with the food bar.

"Get it off! Get it off!" Kenji screamed, wiping his tongue,

"Ben, someone stole your candy bars and put dirt in 'em," Sammy said as Ben was feeding some to Bumpy who seemed to be enjoying it,

"Glad I didn't eat mine then...god-" Camille said wiping lazily under her eyes as she sat up and peeked over her chair at Brooklynn who sat behind her.