wikipedia

Peyton Robin Lawson, known professionally as Peyton Lawson (born 23rd August, 1986) is a British singer and actress. She started her career in singing, doing charity and school concerts and participating in her local church choir. Lawson's first acting job, however, was in the West End when she got the role of Alice in Adventures in Wonderland. She scored her first American acting job as Juliet in a modern rendition of the classic Shakespeare play, Romeo and Juliet (2013.)

[Lawson's Instagram post in 2020]

Born Peyton Robin Lawson

            23rd August, 1986 (aged 36)

            Surrey, England

            Amara Houghton (mother)

            Phoenix Lawson (father)

Residence London, England

                       (Formerly) Surrey, England

Occupation Singer, actress

Spouse(s) Anthony Mackie (dated from May 2014 to April 2016).

                       Shawn Mendes (dated from August 2018 to March 2019).

                       Jeremy Renner (in the near future- around August 2022)

Years active 2014-present

Even though, she was quite talented in singing and a bit in acting, she was mostly set in doing a career in Art and Design after receiving her degree at  University of Oxford. She then realised that singing and acting was the career for her. After deciding on a career path, she landed the role of Alice in Adventures in Wonderland in the West End. After a few more musical roles, she then got the part of Juliet in a modern rendition of the classic Shakespeare play, Romeo and Juliet (2013). Shortly after Romeo and Juliet wrapped up filming in 2014, she moved to London.

In 2015, she was diagnosed with anxiety, where she would avoid contact with her closest friends and family to avoid feelings of worry and dread. That meant she had to cancel her tour, until 2017. She would be trembling and shaking, feeling sick and would be short of breath sometimes.

During 2016-2017, she got to record and sell her very first punk-rock album, My Goodness which her single, Wild Chance, went to number 1 in the Billboard Chart Top 100.

After a few years, during 2018-2019, Lawson managed to land big movie roles in the US of A. Lawson then met Robert Downey Jr, who recommended her to Kevin Feige to become the next Kate Bishop in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the rest is history. After passing the audition with flying colours, she was casted on the Marvel Studios official Instagram and Twitter profiles. Starring alongside Ella Hunt in the Apple TV+ series, Dickinson and being the lead role in the Netflix animated series, Arcane, made Peyton being the most hottest actress and singer in Hollywood right now.

~ Early Life

~ Career

~ Personal Life and Other Work

Filmography

Romeo and Juliet (2013)

Pitch Perfect 2 (2015)

The Edge of Seventeen (2016)

Pitch Perfect 3 (2017)

Dickinson (2019–2021)

Arcane (2021 - present)

Hawkeye (2021)

Mayor of Kingstown S2 (2023)

Just My Type (music vid by Jeremy Renner)

Discography

My Goodness (2016)

- Wild Chance

Late Night Feelings

Night Of Gold

I'm A Dreamer

- Rock 'N Roll Madness

Love Has No Business (2022)

- Most Girls (ft. Jeremy Renner)

- Airy Words

- Climax

- A Thousand Miles (cover)

- Touch of Fantasy

- Think About Lover

- Coast (ft. Anderson Paak)

Real Love (cover album)

Sweet Melody (cover - Little Mix)

- Physical (cover -Dua Lipa)

- S&M (cover - Rihanna)

- Bloody Mary (cover - Lady Gaga - but it's sped up)

- Sorry Not Sorry (cover - Demi Lovato)

~ References

~ Further Reading

~ External Links