1

EDITED

(A/N / In this story Truham and Higgs school are together as one big school)

"yeah, well, maybe i'd be better off without you!!" your best friend shouted back at you, visible tears springing into her now glossy eyes.

"the hell, amira? i'd be even more better off without you!" you cried back, trying to keep your own tears in.

it had happend again. you and your best friend, amira, were arguing about a boy.
she had recently gotten a new crush, shitty ben hope. you had tried your best to warn her not to get totally obsessed with him. as you've heard, relationships with him don't normally end well. plus, he was probably gay.

this argument was so far the worst out of all of the ones you've had. fuck, it was even in the school hallways, which made it embarrassing. you quickly wiped your eyes into the sleeves of your uniform

"crying, are we? you useless fag!" she laughed. you were close to pointing out that 'fag' was indeed a slur that was used towards gay people, but it wasn't time for fun-facts.

you lunged towards her with your fist clenched, punching her face. she quickly jumped back at you, punching your sensitive nose; now, there were two things that could've happened. one of them being that you'd start uncontrollably sneezing. apparently, it wasn't that.

blood. alot of blood gushed out of your nose.

amira glared at you with a weird face as she quickly grabbed her makeup mirror out of her bag. she stared at her self, before her mascara started to make long black lines from underneath her eyes. she had a huge purple bruise under her right eye.

you gasped, covering your mouth with your hand.

"a-amira, i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to do that!" you whisper. in all honesty, she was being a bitch, and she did deserve it. tears started to pour out of your eyes, before you crept over to her.

"you win, or whatever" amira mumbled.

she pushed you away before storming off. you felt a tad bad, sure, but it was your first main character moment, to be honest.

"y/n l/n please report to the headteachers office." the speaker in the hallway spoke as you sighed.

"y/n, what's going on?" the headmaster asked softly. you used to be a target for bullying, so being here wasn't that new. the poor head was used to solving your problems by now.

"sir, i just... i-i lost control and uh-" you mumble as he looks at you.

"listen, y/n, i know that you get bullied alot and you've been holding it in until now. i appreciate that you can stand up for your self, but you caused alot of damage to you classmate." he answers sternly, but there was still a softness to his tone.

you nod and say "she was being a bitch, though."

"language, young lady!" the headmaster snaps, before his gaze softened. "is there a reason to why she was being a.. b-word?" he questions calmly.

"it's whatever"

just as you finish your sentence, the bell rings.

oh thank lord, saved by the bell

"well, thank you for your time, miss l/n" the male says, standing up as he gestured to the door.

"no worries, bye sir"

you head to the bathroom and look at yourself in the mirror. you looked terrible, pretty badass though, you thought. your eyes were all puffy and red, as you quickly washed your face with water. the blood still stayed underneath your nose, since it was pretty much dry.

you then run to the cafeteria, buy your lunch and head outside. you sit down on the grass close to the field area, before starting to nibble on your sandwich.

"hi" someone says from beside you.

"hey" you mumble, looking down. just by the voice, you knew it was the 'rugby king' nicholas nelson. why the hell did he want to talk to someone like you? we only greeted eachother sometimes. but you always thought that it was some funny inside joke he and his rugby lads had.

"what do you want, nelson?" you groan, not even looking up. you probably looked ridiculous like this, acting all mysterious, but it is what it is.

"i, um, i wanted to know if you're okay?" the boy replies in an unsure tone.

"and why would you want to do that?"

"i mean, we're friends, aren't we?" nick laughs, punching your arm lightly.

you hum a short reply, hoping that that was enough for this 'small talk' he was having with you.

"hey, look at me.." he says softly, noticing how off you seemed.

"heeyyy...." nick repeats annoyingly, before cupping your chin lightly and making your face meet his.

honestly, it probably looked like some wattpad 'finn wolfhard x reader' scenario bullshit.

"oh my god. are you okay?!" he asked, worry laced in his tone.

"i've been better" you say, amused. it was pretty silly, all of this, to be honest.

"what happened?" nick says sternly, ignoring your jokes. you grumble.

"to be honest, the thing that happened sounds like something from a finn wolfhard fanfiction" you chuckle, trying to get him to change the topic.

"finn.. who?"

you end up telling him what happened. like, everything, that happened. the bullying, the arguments and just your problems overall.

you may or may not have trauma dropped on him, but hey, he wanted you to tell him.

by the end, you were crying. you quickly wipe your tears so you didn't seem like some small immature child next to the year 11 sitting next to you.

"y/n it's okay, you can cry " nick says, comforting you. he pulled you closer to him, wrapping his arm around your shoulder.

at that moment, you felt something.