Chapter 1. Nailed on the Wall

It was the day after Y/N encountered the mysterious stranger in the hallway, well, he wasn't a stranger anymore. His name was Adam.
The storm clouds from the night previous had mostly cleared more or less, but Y/N was still staying inside. Heavy storms make her bones ache, and make her sluggish. The thunder seems to carry on while rain pelts against the windows, it's tiring. So there she lays in her bed, curled up under the blankets.

She felt like a pile of bones, her skeleton seemingly fused to the bedsheets, she couldn't find any energy to get up. She was left alone with only her thoughts to keep her company, but what was there to think about?

That man

As much as she tried putting him to the side, he was relentless. Adam, what was it about him that seemed to linger far too long in her mind? Perhaps it was the smell of his cigarette smoke, or his attitude, maybe the fact he photographed her.

"Why did he do that?" Y/N thought to herself as she looked out the window. Raindrops raced down the cold glass, some going faster than others. "I'm not that pretty. Why would a stranger like him want a photo of someone like me?"

A stranger like him? To be honest, Y/N didn't know what she meant by that. He was just a regular guy, nothing special...but he was good-looking. Not that it mattered, though. Y/N blushed slightly at her thoughts. She walks by millions of attractive people every day, it's not like he was any different.

"But good-looking guys don't ask to take a picture of me every day"

Groaning, Y/N turns to her side on the bed, getting comfortable. "I hate this," she mumbles into her pillow, "I hate him," she stares at her wall, it was bare. Usually, she would have a poster or a drawing hanging on the wall, but there was an open space just begging to be filled.

Y/N slowly sits up, her back cracking in the process. She sluggishly stands up and trudges toward her dirty laundry pile, grabbing the jeans she was wearing last night. Her legs were stiff like lead. She fetches the flyer that Adam gave her and stares at it for a moment.

It was a cool-looking flyer, it had the band logo alongside some punkish designs. It looked more like a decorative poster than an ad. Y/N shrugs and grabs some nails and a hammer from a random drawer in her kitchen. Once her feet made contact with the cold tile floor, she jolted. It was a shock from the carpet in her bedroom.

Locating the spot on her bedroom wall once again, she lines up the nail, leveled it on the wall, and began hammering the nail in. Thump, thump, thump each time she hit the head drove the nail in farther.

Once she was done she set the hammer down and looked it over. She hums in satisfaction, she had to admit it did look good with her room decor. She decided to finally look at the flyer, she never really took the time to read the information on the paper. She presumed she would throw it away the minute she got inside, away from that man.

Adam

What was it about him that was so peculiar in Y/N's mind? Disregarding the fact he took that photo of her. He stood there and talked to her, helped her, no sane person does that. Or maybe Y/N was too much of an introvert, sometimes she herself doesn't understand how sane people are supposed to act.

Yes, she's a recluse, but she does get out often, more often than the average recluse she'd say.
Fixing her gaze on the flyer in front of her she bites her lip, would she even go to the concert?
Remembering what Adam said last night, she looks down at the ground.

"Look, I'm not gonna see you there am I?"

He seemed so disgruntled about even the idea of her not showing up to this random concert she was invited to. She felt guilty about not wanting to go in the first place, but the guilt settled in more seeing the look on his pale face.

As she finally looks up from the ground she made up her mind. Turning her head to look out the window at the dreary fall morning, she begrudgingly decided she was going to that concert. She had nothing to lose, and if it totally sucked, she'd have a funny story out of it.

Who was she kidding? She wanted to go and she wanted to figure this guy out.

She wondered what it was about the man that stood out to her.