25 - 𝙰𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜

Start from the beginning

"The clans? The major ones?"

"No. The spy we sent mentioned all known clans. He can't provide the exact details, but it seems like they want something really important."

"What is it?"

"I'm not sure either, but if all of them are really clanless or disowned clan members, it might have something to do with their expulsions."

A vendetta?

"I don't really get it, sensei. They know their chances of successfully attacking clans are low. Isn't it more of a suicide mission?"

He heaved a deep sigh. "Your guess is as good as mine. But be careful, okay? You and everyone else. If they're this confident, they might have something up on their sleeves."

"Sensei." I let out a shaky sigh. "I know you have an idea that's why you're warning me. Please, I have to know."

If we were not in real danger, he wouldn't be this persistent in reminding me.

"I...," he deliberated. "I think someone inside Jujutsu High might be working with them."

Inside our school?

"They mentioned about a certain cursed speech user that can be manipulated through-" The two of us nearly jumped in surprise when someone sneaked into the conversation.

"Yaga sensei, are there any dolls I can borrow for training?"

Yaga cleared his throat and placed a heavy hand on my shoulder. He's leaving the rest to me to figure out.

"Yes. What kind of cursed corpse do you need, Yume?," asked Yaga when he finally turned his attention to her.

"The smart ones. I need to practice with those," Yume answered with a smile.

Now, I could not deny things any further. Something was definitely wrong.

──❍──

After the meeting which lasted for at least an hour, everyone had retired to their rooms already. I wouldn't blame them. It's been a while since we had a serious case, apart from the one Haibara handled.

Satoru and I had also finished cleaning up, so we headed to the door of his room since it comes first before mine.

"Goodnight, (F/n)-chan."

"Goodnight."

Satoru looked over his shoulder, eyes resting on me.

"Hm? Why?"

I looked down to my hands that were nervously clutching my chest, realizing I was tensed the whole time.

In his presence, I couldn't breathe so bad that my chest hurt. Even the simplest words couldn't describe what I was feeling. I just wanted nothing more but to hug him.

I almost jumped in shock when the door screeched open and Satoru pulled me in. My panic skyrocketed when he pinned me against the door and hit the lock.

"Oi," I stammered. "What are you doing?"

"Your cursed energy is going on a frenzy, wife." Satoru grinned teasingly. "Do you even notice that?"