Lesson Number One

Start from the beginning

"How can you be tough and gentle?" a girl in pink asked.

"Yeah! I wanna be tough!" Sha-Ron decided. Everyone else yelled in agreement.

"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!"

"I know it does sound a little funny, huh? But the world is full of opposites and so are you. To be a good warrior, you must bring it all into balance."

They blinked, confused, and tried to process it.

"Hmm...let's see if this helps." She bent down and pointed down, then up. "Earth, sky. Day, night." Leaning close to Sha-Ron, she said, "Sound," then "and silence. Dark," she covered her eyes, then said, opening them, "light."

Y/n:
One alone is not enough
You need both together

She gestured at two twins who looked exactly alike with the same narrow eyes and short hair. They smiled at each other, back-to-back.

Y/n:
Winter, summer, moon, and sun
Lesson number one

She flipped her rake up and caught it.

"Wow!"

Sha-Ron handed out rakes, then stood as seriously as she could.

Y/n:
Like a rock, [Huh, huh!]
You must be hard

She punched the air, then stood firmly with both feet tethered to the ground.

Y/n:
Like an oak [Mmmha!]
You must stand firm
Come quick,
Like my blade

She swung it through the air, making wind with it.

Y/n:
Think fast, [Huh, huh!]

She did a midair split.

Y/n:
Unafraid

Cri-Kee jumped on her shoulder, holding a stick like a staff, seriously looking ahead.

They all mimicked what she had just done.

Little Girls:
Like a rock [Huh, huh!]
I must be hard
Like an oak, [Mmmha!]
I must stand firm

Y/n helped one of the girls catch her balance.

Little Girls:
Come fast,
Like my blade

Two of the little girls hit rakes together.

Little Girls:
Think fast, [Huh, huh!]
Unafraid

With her hair in her eyes, a girl in green almost hit both of the twins. When she moved her bangs, she noticed them both surrounding her with glares and smiled awkwardly at them.

"Okay, Y/n-jiějiě, I'm ready!" She stood with her rake in her hands, determined.

"Uh-huh, but you're still off balance." Just by poking her, Sha-Ron fell over.

Y/n:
Like a cloud, you are soft

She glided along with the bamboo.

Y/n:
Like bamboo, you bend in the wind
Creeping slow, I'm at peace because I know