"Even so, I would like to deeply apologize to you." Anthony clasped his hands behind his back, "I brought you here with the intention of courting you and now I have turned to your cousin. I am sorry-"

"Please, my lord, do not worry about any of that." Aspen continued to brush him off, the smile on her face unwavering, "You shall find Brynlee hiding out by the stairs."

Anthony could only grin at Aspen before he nodded his head and moved in that direction. He caught her with a book in hand as she leaned against the stairs. "I believe I should have a dance with my fiancee."

Brynlee gasped and shut the book with a loud snap, "Excuse me, what?"

"Brynlee-" Anthony extended his arm for her, "Would you do me the honor of this dance?"

"I am certain that-" She released a pitched breath as he pulled her to him, "Do you not think we should announce our engagement first?"

"You are wearing a ring-" He told her, "I had no intention of making an announcement."

Brynlee just widened her eyes, "I thought the point was for such?"

"Would you like a huge announcement and for everyone to bombard you with their questions?"

"Our mothers are expecting such, Lady Featherington-"

"Lady Featherington already knows that we are engaged to be married-" Anthony answered, "Besides, she must have already informed her daughters meaning the rumors shall spread like wildfire. Look-"

Brynlee's focus moved to all of the others in the ballroom. Eyes were on them and whispers were being spread. She even saw one of the females raised her hand and point to her wedding finger. She cleared her throat, "Is it wise? The ton knew of your set intentions on my cousin-"

As the music began, Brynlee started to dance with him. She glanced to see the others were watching them closely. She exhaled and took a step closer to him in the dance. It was almost odd to have so many people staring at them, and instinctively she squeezed his hands.

Anthony glanced down at her face. In their many ears of bickering, he had not seen her this nervous before, "Do you wish to stop?"

"I do not know." She told him truthfully.

"Just keep looking at me then. No one else matters." Anthony suggested in the midst of the dance, "Think of the many times that you wished to punch my face perhaps?"

Relaxing a bit, Brynlee laughed as she twirled before facing him again, "That has been on my mind on quite a number of occasions."

"Admittingly, I may have thought so as well."

In an amused voice, she raised a brow, "Do you plan on doing so anytime soon?"

"Absolutely not. What kind of man would I be if I ever harmed a woman?" Anthony looked almost shocked that she would ask that, though he could hear the amusement in his voice, "I may have thought of such things but I would have never carried them through."

"I believe you." Brynlee told him, "You may vex me at every turn but I could never seeing you harming me physically."

"I am glad you think so." Anthony chuckled, "We will be heading back to town tomorrow. I have something that I must attend to, will you be content with staying with my family?"

"I love your family." She said immediately, "Daphne and Eloise are my friends. I am also certain Benedict will be pestering me about this engagement but I can handle him quite well. I still need to teach Hyacinth how to create flower crowns. She has been very insistent every time I visit."