"Lyra. I've been wanting to talk to you." He waited for her to give any sign of objection. Giving none he continued. "You have been staying with me for a short while but we know nothing of each other." At this he had her undivided attention. "Yes." Was her only response. She waited for him to ask first, she heard from the others as well as his mother. But he is wanting to actually talk, she wasn't going to stop him. "Where did you live before coming to Egypt?" He asked while taking a spoonful of food. When all he got was silence, he looked at her. But she had a look of confusion on her face. Her brow was drawn so much, her eyes were almost in a daze, darting around. "Do you not remember?" He found her in the desert, but could something have caused her to lose her memory. "I remember buildings." She said quietly. "And lots of people. But their faces. Everything is blurry." She must have hit her head. He would have to take her to a healer so they can check her. Yes they did when he first brought her, but he didn't think about memory loss. "What about your family?" He could tell she was getting frustrated even before she fired at him. "I don't remember!" She got up and started pacing the room. "I can't remember hardly anything. I will get bits and pieces but that's it. That Hathor woman with the funny ears. You know the one I dream about. She said that they didn't want me to remember anything. That it's forbidden or something. But look what I was doing the other morning. Your mother saw me." She stood one hand on her hip the other waving around when she talked. "I remembered how to do that. When I told her about belly dancing with weapons, she almost fainted. Those came to me naturally." She started tearing up and he could hear it in her voice she was trying not to cry. "Why won't they let me remember? They have no problem showing me the past but not what happened before you found me." Ardeth immediately got up and swept her into his arms. She started sobbing and he wouldn't leave her be. He couldn't imagine waking up and having dreams of the Egyptian gods and goddesses. Telling and showing her things. He would feel lost.

He held her closer. She felt so lost and confused. She woke up, has been staying in his home, his mother around all the time. He should of talked with her sooner. He does feel attracted to her with every move she makes. They were brought together by Allah. The gods brought her here, but Allah led him to her. "Shh. I'm here." He had picked her up and carried her to the room and sat with her curled on his lap. He just rocked with her, holding her close. "Whenever you dream of Hathor. I want you to tell me. There may be things she tells you, that I might know about." She just nodded. He knew she would come around eventually. He was hesitant but told her more about him. When he became a Medjai when he became a man. Swore to watch over the city of the dead and other ruins nearby. He told her about what and how he would train her.

Some time later she had fallen asleep. He laid her under the light blanket. He disrobed himself before getting into bed, only to throw the thick blanket he himself placed on the bed, to the floor. Pulling her to him, and he kissed her temple. Tomorrow he will do his duties quickly. He would only be here for maybe a little over a week then he would go out on patrol again. He tried to fall asleep with him resting just behind her. She felt so small. But he knew she had hidden strength behind it. He decided she would get trained, mostly to defend herself. If she remembers things from the past, he wants to find what could cause her to act it out. It could be her past or present self. Clearing his thoughts, he allowed sleep to take him.

The following morning he woke first. He could feel her warmth, and he laid there with a sleepy smile. The sun was just creeping into the room, he should have already been up and moving. But he felt exhausted from the last few days when he focused on training or basically anything to keep him out of the house. Wanting so desperately to just lay in bed with Lyra, he knew better. Attempting to get up, the girl had his arm and leg trapped. She was taking up most of the bed, and stole most of the blanket.
He yawned, and detangled himself from her, careful not to wake her. Grabbing clothes to get dressed, he turned hearing her make a groaning sound. She had rolled to his side of the bed and was clutching his pillow, still asleep. Pulling his clothes on and putting his boots on. He stared at her again. Not wanting to wake her, he gently moved loose hair from her face. Giving her and the bed one more look. He left for the day. He would ask his mother to watch over her today.

The smell of food pulled her from sleep. Lifting her head, she saw she had taken over the bed. Slowly getting out of bed, she just stood there. She felt so sleepy and her eyes felt dry from crying yesterday. She plopped herself by her things, letting out a yawn and stretching her arms out. Grabbing all black clothes, choosing a simple head and face piece. Getting dressed, she looked at the pile that needed to be cleaned. Picking them up and walking into to the main room. She was greeted by his mother, who was sitting by the firepit cooking.

Fareeha just smiled at her and continued what she was doing. She would let the girl talk to her when ready. Seeing the clothes in her hands and dumping them in a bin to wash. She just smiled. Lyra had a more happy demeanor than normal. She guessed her and Ardeth must have been able to talk. She was proud her son was showing his softer side. The Medjai men were known for showing their wives and children a gentler and happy side. But knew to be serious when on business. Now it's just a sit and wait game. She couldn't wait to hear what they talked about.

She ate and talked to his mother, which the woman watched with a small smile. But when it came to washing clothes she instantly said she hated it making her laugh.