Fire (kinda a vent 😀)

(Idk basically a fire breaks out at the hinobi — everything's fine, nobody died — Five, who gets burnt has a panic attack and has a very vivid hallucination, when Miko can't get him to calm down, Mitchell decides to step in — so in short — angst that evolves into fluff
The sad truth about this is that I wish I had a Mitchell to comfort me during my recalls of fire trauma 🥲)

Hot, everything was hot — it was suffocating, burning — it, it was hell. Nobody knows how or why it happened, some speculated it was from an illegal glitch or a stray cigarette or someone committed arson or.. or... or something flammable burned. Whatever happened, the smoke was toxic, not toxic enough to kill someone in only a few breaths but a ton of people who inhaled it had to go to hospital. Thankfully nobody died and Five was the only one who got burnt but he was also burnt on the inside. Five was rushing to get everyone and everything out and ultimately, Mitchell was the one who pulled him out. When Five woke up in the hospital bed he was still in the burning hinobi store — outside of his mind he looked like a complete lunatic but if they could actually see what Five was experiencing, they would be scared out of their minds too. The thing is, only Mitchell and Miko know about something that happened years before this fire — after a year of working at Hinobi, in Five's apartment with his grandparents, a fire started in their room and they were trapped, Five tried and failed to reach towards them — they told him to get help, so he ran out as fast as he could banging on apartment doors near him — he called emergency services — he did everything he was told to do!

But it was too late

His grandparents, his legal guardians — his family were dead — they died of smoke inhalation and their bodies were burnt into ash. Since Miko's family is humongous, he stayed with Mitchell because they were getting used to each other and had an awkward frenemies relationship. During his stay, Five was irritable, had outbursts, in the middle of the night he'd have nightmares — sometimes he'd wake up to Five violently crying — and he would have flashbacks of the event — this led to Mitchell getting to know every little detail on how to calm Five down. 
Back to the present
Miko tried with rubbing her partner's back and telling him to take deep breaths but this didn't work — Five had stormed off in a very fearful way — he was grief stricken. "I'll go after him." Mitchell said, running after Five. He found him curled in a ball on the ground, crying. His expression softened, he wanted to just make him smile?? Or at least help him with his problem — he's gotten better than when the fire that happened years ago but whenever he smells smoke or hears a fire alarm, he becomes a little panicked. Mitchell squatted to the ground and rubbed his hand on Five's back in circles. "Shhh.. it's okay, you're alright — we're in Bailey Hospital at the Burn Care Unit, nothing is on fire and nobody has died. You're okay.. you're doing great blueberry." Mitchell said in a gentle tone. After a few moments of this, Five had calmed down and had his face buried in Mitch's chest. "I.. I'm so sorry you have to see me like this.. I'm supposed to be your colleague — I-I'm supposed to be a professional..! I don't understand it's just a stupid fire!" Five said — he usually did this, beat himself up about being afraid of one force of nature.. A force of nature that kills everything it can.. Mitchell flicked Five's forehead. "Five, you don't have to beat yourself up like this besides, I'm lucky to get to see you like this. We all have our fears from traumatic situations or from what our parents taught us and you're not the only person who's afraid of fire. For the last time, the fire that took your grandparents wasn't your fault and you did everything you could and because of you, you saved everyone from this one.." Mitchell said, playing with Five's hair. Five looked up at Mitchell, a small smile on his face accompanied by blush. "T-Thank you Mitchell." Five said. "It's no problem, blueberry — now, you think we could come back or do you wanna just stay right here?" Mitchell asked. "I wanna stay right here.." five said, wrapping his arms around Mitchell to cuddle him and Mitchell chuckled. "What's so funny?" "Nothing you're just so cute." "Mitch!" Five flicked his nose. "You can't deny it, Five, you're stuck being my cutie!"
Both of them just laughed until it just became a silence of them looking into each other's eyes.