𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 ✧ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥

Start from the beginning

"What is that?"

Dustin asked as he walked over. Steve put his arm out, keeping him behind him and out of harm's way. The growling added on rustling and there was definitely something moving in the bush. Steve and Dustin slowly stepped back and that's when a Demo-dog appeared.

"What the hell."

Dustin breathed and Steve's eyes widened. They thought all the Demo-dogs were dead after last winter when they cut off the mindflayer from Will. But the growling and stalking demo-dog before them now proved that theory to be wrong. Steve continued slowly backing up with Dustin safely behind him. But then, as if the living and breathing demo-dog was not enough, a sudden swoosh of light illuminated the boy's faces. The bright light formed a circle and out of the circle fell a new figure wearing a woolen black cloak with a hood that covered their head. Just as quick as the figure appeared, now standing between them and the approaching demo-dog, they took out what looked like a sword and in one swift motion the sword was brought down, the demo-dog whimpered, and it was sliced completely in half.

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

The circle of light had vanished almost as quickly and mysteriously as it had appeared. The figure turned to face Steve and Dustin and they lowered their hood. Staring back at them was a girl with extremely messy blonde hair that was now soaking wet, due to the rain, and sticking to her skin. Her piercing green eyes stared back at them and freckles dotted her flushed skin like the stars in the sky. She let out a deep exhale as her eyes met those chocolate brown irises of Steve's and as soon as the exhale left her lungs she fell to the wet ground, as if exhausted and unconscious. Dustin looked from her to Steve.

"Holy shit."

He muttered.

"Holy shit!"

He said this time much louder.

"That's a girl!"

He added.

"And she's dead!"

He said. Steve bent down to the girl and noticed she was obviously still breathing.

"Not dead."

Steve announced.

"She's just sleeping."

He added. Steve bent down to pick her up. He held her in his arms like a groom carries a bride.

"She came out of that portal like it was nothing!"

Dustin said as he watched held the cloaked woman in his arms.

"That what?"

He asked.

"Portal, duh, didn't you see it?"

Dustin went own.

"You know what a portal is right? Like a doorway between worlds and a gate way-"

"Yes, Dustin, I know what a portal is."

Steve replied.

"I just didn't think they were real."

He replied.

"I wonder where she came from? If she even opened the portal. Let's ask her when she wakes up."

"No"

Steve replied.

"She needs to get inside and get warm before she gets sick from the cold and rain."

"So bring her inside."

Dustin insisted.

"No, you go ahead. I'll bring her with me."

"But what about your parents?"

"Out of town remember? They're gone on business and wont be back for several months."

Dustin sighed with a shrug.

"Alright but when she wakes up, let me know. I have so many questions for her."

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

Steve set the girl down on the coach of his home. Bringing her home had been easy, she had slept the entire time. He changed her clothes as well, doing his best not to look at her out of respect, but she needed to be out of her soaking wet clothes. He put one of his old t-shirts on her and a pair of gray sweatpants on her legs before wrapping a blanket around her. The vision of her green eyes gazing at him as soon as she turned around played over and over in his mind. Those eyes, those piercing green eyes. They shined like the beacon of a lighthouse on a foggy night. He brushed a stray strand of wet hair off of her face. Just like Dustin, Steve also had many questions for the mysterious woman who dropped out of a portal just in time to save both his ass and Dustin's. But mostly he wanted to know why he was so awestruck by those fierce green eyes of her. It wasn't like he was blown away by those apple green irises, more like they awoke something in him. A realization, of sorts. But for the most part Steve thought it was silly, the whole feeling as if some small part of him deep down had finally awoken. He honestly believed that he would wake up tomorrow and the whole thing would be a dream. A crazy and weird dream.

 A crazy and weird dream