Eight.

Shit, shit, shit.

Don't you get near him, Tyler.

I race out of the room, trying to catch up with Tyler before he can talk to Gabe. Before I Tyler can get to him, I see Savannah chatting away with him like its nothing. My blood boils at the thought of those two even liking each other. I dart over there at the same time that Tyler does and we both stand in shock. From what it looks like, they're flirting with each other. If he dates her, shit, even considers liking her, this little acquaintance-ship shit is over. Tyler smirks from behind me and goes over to Savannah, putting his arm around her waist.

"What were you two talking about, babe?" He asked Savannah, putting emphasis on 'babe'.
"Oh, nothing really. Just about history and stuff," she giggled, staring at Gabe.

Are you fucking kidding me?

"Well, guess who's here," he said to Savannah, nodding his head in my direction.
"Oh yeah," said Gabe, "Hey Raven!"
"Hey," I muttered.
"I think we need to tell you something," Tyler suggested.
"I think that it's time to go," I spoke up. "Thanks for keeping the new kid here company while I was gone for 2 periods. Very sweet of you, huh? Okay then, goodbye now!" I rambled, pulling Gabe as fast as I could.

When we finally got to the back of the school, I let Gabe out of my iron grip and he bombarded me with questions as soon as I let him free.

"Why did you do that? Why did you look so nervous? That's not like you. What were they going to tell me? Do you already know what it is? If you do, then you can tell me, right? I wonder if--"
"Let's slow down some, yeah? For one, I did that because I could, that's fucking why. Two, I'm never nervous," I lied. "Three, I don't know what they were going to tel, you but I know that it wouldn't be good or it would be around someone who was gossiped about so I wanted to... Um.... Protect you from that, I guess."
"Oh, okay. Well, thanks, I think?" He said, confused.
"You're welcome."

Then Savannah came to mind. I've gotta ask about what they were really talking about because I'm sure it wasn't just history and stuff.

"Soooo," I started, trying to break the ice. "What were you and Savannah talking about?"
"Don't tell anyone but I think that I like Savannah."
"What?!"