Jealous Brothers || 13

Start from the beginning

the girl blinks a few times, flinching in her place as jungkook clears his throat, standing right beside her, having his eyes fixed on her shorter figure, raising his right eyebrow questioningly, "shall we head home?"

"uh uhm..." she nibbles on her lower lip, thinking of possible reasons that her brothers would buy and let her stay back, "are you done working out...?"

"yeah, it's been enough for today." he speaks, making her nod slowly, as his gaze shifts to the guy. "you should continue,"

"i'm sorry, who are you?"

"i'm her-"

"neighbour!" aera squeaks, "he's my neighbour, jungkook. i came with him today. and that is his older brother."

"...neighbour?" the brothers look at her with disbelieving eyes.

"yes," she laughs nervously, "you should go. your wives must be waiting!"

"wha-"

"bye!"

jungkook sighs deeply, tongue the inside of his cheek while eyes are busy shooting daggers at the oh-so handsome guy who is much older than his sister. he frowns when aera drags him by his arm, having jimin following on his own.

"what the hell was that?" jungkook stops, maintaining a sharp glare at the yonger girl.

"please be my neighbours! oppa, did you see him he's so handso–"

"oh please! he's nothing that good." jungkook rolls his eyes, "i'm way better. you should have some standard little one, when your own brothers are so cool."

"done?" aera gives a straight face, "yeah fine, you're cool. but look at him..."

"jesus, aera you- you're a baby! stop please, i feel so wierd!" jimin sighs deeply, and holds her hands, "i can't see my child simping over some dude- like, come on! he's not even your age! he's twenty-one, means just three years younger than kook."

"is it that bad?" aera pouts, making the brothers sigh, "but you said age doesn't matter when you love someone."

"first, you're just a child, it does matter! and second, you don't love him for god's sake! you just met aera!" jungkook exasperates, "i feel strange hyung, i think i'm having a heart attack, please tell her to stop doing this. she was five yesterday, oh my god!"

"people are looking, oppa."

"then stop!"

"no, i mean they're looking at you."

jungkook halts for a second, scanning around and realises the people are watching him with displeased glances for making noise and stomping like a kid in the gym. he looks down in embarrassment and breathes deeply before fixing his eyes on aera again.

"okay look, we're leaving, you won't talk to that idiot or talk about that idiot, got it?"

"but-"

"we'll get a lot of chocolates and ice cream for riri on the way back?" jimin smiles hopefully.

"excuse me?"

"what?" jungkook snaps at the owner of the voice who happens to be the same guy that got his sister's attention, "can't you se we're trying to talk? a good 'neighbour' is trying to talk to another not-so-good 'neighbour', what do you want?"

"uh actually, i thought i should tell aera that i- i'm leaving...? yeah i'm leaving, sir." yeonjun gulps, hesitantly sending a smile to the girl, "my girlfriend must be waiting too."

"what- no, wait." jimin interrupts, "come back. you have a girlfriend?"

"yeah, uh why?"

"ah nothing, i'm so happy!" he sighs in relief and hugs the boy,