Jealous Brothers || 13

Start from the beginning

"aera, c'mon baby, oppa's tired now. let's go home?"

"oppa please, you can sit there." she points at the bench on the corner and smiles at him widely, "i'll-"

"guys, i'm done. let's go." jungkook says, grabbing his container of protein shake as he walks over to his siblings. he opens his arms, grinning at the sister, "and guess i have a hug for riri."

"nope, i will run." aera says pointing at the treadmill, earning an impressed look jungkook and a sigh from a jimin.

"really? that's good."

"no it's not," jimin whispers, getting a confused look from jungkook while aera nods,walking over to the treadmill, "you see that dude? it's because of him."

"what does that mean?" jungkook frowns, following the elder's eyes that are pinned on a tall guy with light hair, longer than jungkook's. he's facing the other way, but the brothers are certain of his well-built body from his broad back.

"she's trying to impress him, you dumbo."

"no, shit! wait- why? she's so young, like she doesn't even know what that is. and uhm isn't he too old for her?"

"she's thirteen, jungkook."

"ah crap! that is dangerous."

"now what?"

"i have no idea..."

they sigh, staring at the young girl who looks confused with the running machine, giving some relief to the brothers, thinking that maybe she'll give up if it doesn't work. but the next moment, their eyes expand, when the guy glances at her, smiling and pauses his running session, asking aera if she needed some help.

before the brothers could jump in between, aera had already nodded, pointing at the buttons, making the guy chuckle as he walked over to her. he presses a few buttons and gestures his hand for her get on. aera follows the instructions, scared at first, then eventually gets a hang of it.

"thank you," she smiles at him.

"no problem," the boy shrugs, going back to the next treadmill and resumes his run, "press the button on the right, if you wanna stop."

"okay,"

aera glances back at her brothers, smiling at them as she points at the machine she's jogging on, earning forced smiles from the two. jungkook cracks his neck, throwing his towel and protein shake container aside, and makes his way to the treadmill next to aera's while jimin does the same, taking one next to the boy.

he lowers the speed gradually, now just walking while aera glances at jungkook and then at the buttons on her machine, "i'm getting tired..."

"i'll do it, don't worry." the other boy says stopping his treadmill and then aera's.

"thank you," aera speaks shyly, making jungkook cough as he halts with his walk too, and sits on the bench nearby, keeping his eyes fixed on the guy.

"it's nothing, don't thank me." he says, "what's your name?"

"uhm aera, i'm jeon aera." she answers, "and you?"

"i'm yeonjun." he smiles, "how old are you?"

"i- i'm thirteen, why?"

"ah, nothing you just looked too young to be working out in a gym." he says. "by the way, i'm twenty-one."

"oh" aera hesitates a little, but when her eyes look up again, gradually making their way up from his the sport's shoes on his feet to the navy blue track pants and light grey t-shirt, to his perfectly angular face with short strands of his bangs falling on his forehead unevenly, she can't help but avert her gaze quickly, catching a tint of crimson red on her cheeks.