TWENTY-FIVE

Lillie walked around the garden with her parents behind her. She wanted to be alone, have some time to herself to collect her thoughts. Most of them were revolving about a Prince. The Pendermore girl was nervous. 

Why has he not talked to her in forever? Sure he's sent over some flowers here and there, but that's it.

Did he forget about her?

Was he already engaged to someone else? To be fair they haven't talked in awhile and the girl wouldn't even be surprised at all if someone else caught his attention.

"Miss Pendermore." A familiar voice said. 

Speak of the devil. "Your Highness." Lillie courtesy to the Prince seeing him, freshly polished in his navy suit. "What is it you are doing here?"

"I am sorry." Prince Friedrich stated.

Lillie shook her head. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"There is. I have not done a good job communicating with you as I have been busy with my family affairs. I simply could not find time to come over." Prince Friedrich explained.

"You are here now." Lillie smiled.

"Care to promenade?" Prince Friedrich stuck out his bicep for the girl to loop her hand around. She did as they walked around with everyone, gaining some stares. "So tell me Miss Lillie, what is your story?"

"My story?"

Prince Friedrich nodded. "Everyone has their own story."

"I come from a family where my oldest brother likes to control everything. He believes he knows everyone's best interest. But it seems like he cannot understand how we all do not think like him."

Prince Friedrich chuckled. "He is the eldest I would imagine they act like that."

"Do you have any sibling?"

"I am an only child."

"Oh."

"I heard from a few people that you are a big fan of Pall Mall."

Lillie smiled. "I am. Do you play your Highness?"

"I do. Very well actually."

"Really? Shall we test those skills? My family and I play every Sunday. Care to join us?"

Prince Friedrich smiled. "Of course. It will be good to get to know your family."

And boy would this Pall Mall game be more eventful than the last one they played. Because this time, a certain Bridgerton has come to terms with his feelings for the Pendermore girl.