"Where?" he asked.

"Same cafe we went to last time we met."

This time however, Kenma didn't go alone. Unlike last time when it was just him and Mori, this time Kenma brought you with him. You were reluctant to come at first, thinking about not being necessary to be included in what Mori will tell Kenma.

But you realized that you should stop thinking that way now, since time and again not only Kenma and his mother but that little girl as well made it clear that you're already part of their family. It was what prompted you to agree to come with Kenma. And part of the reason was in case he and Aihara Mori got on each other's nerves again.

In a way you'd be there as referee, you thought to yourself.

When Mori saw you, he looked quite surprised, and Kenma took notice of his expression before it could vanish. "What?" Kenma asked.

"Oh, I didn't know you'd bring Ms. L/n with you," he said, averting his gaze from you to look at Kenma before he stood up while you and Kenma pulled a chair and you three sat down.

"Why? Am I not allowed to bring her with me?" Kenma asked, making the man even more flustered.

"No, of course not," he said right away. "More importantly, how is Suki?"

"She's still the same as always," Kenma answered, clearly not in any way interested in expounding that answer and you chuckled lightly before looking at Kenma.

"Suki's doing great," you said, averting your gaze to look at Mori. "She started showing interest in music lately, and she loves going to kid's cafes."

"Really? What kind of music is she into?"

"She said she wants to learn violin."

"She said that?" Kenma asked together with Mori before you looked at Kenma with a smile.

"Yes, she told me the other day."

"Maybe I should buy her a violin as a gift," Mori muttered, hand under his chin as if he's thinking deeply. Until he felt someone staring at him and when he looked up he saw Kenma with a look that says 'don't even dare'. "Anyways, you said she loves going to a kid's cafe?"

"Yes, she went to one the other day and she enjoyed it. She's a naturally friendly child so she made quite a lot of friends there."

"I see," Mori said, a smile playing on his lips. "She must have gotten that from her mother."

"What made you say that?" Kenma asked, folding his arms across his chest. "As if you know much about Kana."

"No, I mean, who else will she get that friendliness from?" Kenma could hear him saying 'definitely not you' even though the smile says otherwise. "And when I met her before, she exudes such a personality that draws people in, so light and warm."

Kenma didn't say anything, at least he held himself from rebutting him or this conversation will drag on in that way. There was a moment of silence as you three enjoyed each of your orders of coffee. Along with the mutter of people around, the calming music playing in the background, the atmosphere felt light and warm as well.

"Ah, right," you started. "Suki said she's looking forward to summer."

Summer, a few weeks from now summer will soon touch the land, ultimately thawing the remnants of winter. Though spring has passed, the weather will only get better. No dark clouds, rainfall and thunderstorms. It will be months of bright mornings and long days.