𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜

Start from the beginning

She read everyone's messages as she typed Robby back, putting on her shoes with one hand while the other was typing.

Robby

I'm fine. I'm sorry to make you worried. Stayed with a friend after the festival. I'll be at the dojo soon!

"Who's that?" The Diaz boy asked, turning back to look at her as she texted back.

"Oh, uh, Robby." Once again, his smiled dropped as he nodded slowly.

"Are you two—" He trailed off as he coughed slightly. 

"No." She stopped as she stared at him.

"Oh." He didn't know how to respond.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye?" She asked as she opened his bedroom door.

"Yeah." She nodded at his response, not expecting anything more as she was about to close the door, stopping as he spoke up once more. "Just, don't be a stranger, okay?" She stared at him, not expecting him to say what he did. She nodded back at him before closing the door, making a rush for his apartment door, quickly arranging an Uber.

She stopped eruptively at the sound of her voice being called.

"Tessa?" Tessa quickly turned around, facing a confused Carmen who stood by the fridge, holding a coffee mug as she was dressed in her work scrubs. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey Carmen." Tessa spoke with a smile as she ran her fingers through her hair, trying to figure out what to say. "I uh, me and Miguel, we, we were hanging out last night. Time got the best of me, and I didn't realize how late it was. I ended up falling asleep, I was extremely tired. Don't worry, Miguel slept on the floor." She started to ramble as Carmen raised her eyebrows.

"Uh huh, I didn't know you and Miguel were friends again." Carmen sat her mug on the counter.

"We're trying." The teen replied as she looked nervously behind her. "Well, I should probably go. My dad is probably wondering where I am right now." She continued, pointing at the door while she nervously laughed. She didn't wait for Carmen's response as she walked to the door, quickly opening it. "Bye!" She called out as she shut the door.

The moment that door shut she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. It was peaceful until she heard another door open and shut.

"Tessa?" Johnny questioned as he locked his apartment door. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, I, uh, was just walking around the area." She tried to lie, failing miserably as Johnny raised his eyebrows.

"You look like shit. It looks like you just—" He stopped as his eyes widened in realization. "No. There's no way." He squinted his eyes. "Oh my god, ew." He said as he covered his eyes dramatically. "I didn't want to think about that today."

"You know what, I think I'm just get out of here now." She spoke as she nodded her head awkwardly, walking away.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• -----------------------------------•°*"˜.•°*"˜

Tessa sighed as she hopped out of the Uber she had ordered, walking through the sliding doors of Miyagi-Do.

She knew she had hurt Miguel. She had hurt herself. The girl was afraid of her own feelings, so she shut out someone she knew would make her feel things. She was scared of love.