~The Encounter~

Depuis le début

"Are you okay? Sorry, I startled you." He quickly apologized.

Still no response from Lisa.

He tapped her once more and this time she came to reality. "Huh?" She asked with a lost look.

"I'm asking if you're okay and sorry for startling you." He repeated.

A blush of embarrassment crept to her face and she stared at the ground, looking at nothing in particular. " I'm okay but you were whistling instead of addressing me as a lady or anything in sync with my gender." She frowned this time.

"Oops, my bad. You were just breathtaking and I couldn't wait. I didn't want you slipping out of my hands." He emphasized.

Lisa just shook her head in disbelief. "I'm not your girlfriend, how am l going to slip out of your hands?"

"You are already my girlfriend." He said smiling and raising his brows.

Lisa exclaimed, frowning," Ah! How can you tell me this story? Just plainly like that? Is that how you jump into action? Not even a conversation and 'You're already my girlfriend." She mimicked in a mocking tone.

"I've to shoot my shot. That's my strategy."

Lisa started clapping in that mocking manner." You've already put me off with your attitude and your first impression. Excuse me, I'll be on my way now."

She was about to leave when he held her arms. She turned and met with a poker face. "Just give me the chance. You might be my destined life partner."

She released her arm from his grip and smiled inwardly but maintained a straight face. "Ok then, prove your worth." She simply said.

On hearing that, he fist-pumped. "Where is this beautiful dame heading to?"

"I'm just taking a stroll to clear my clogged mind."

"Can I join you?" He requested.

She thought for a while before nodding.

They strolled together, chatting about random stuff; from the profession, childhood moments to relationships then they found a comfortable place to sit when he dropped the question.

"So who was responsible for your first heartbreak?" He asked.

She stared at a distance before replying to him, "No one."

"No one?" He repeated. "I don't understand, does it mean..."

She nodded. She understood what he meant.
" Don't be surprised. I'm not the only one who hasn't dated before in the whole world."

He averted his eyes, looking elsewhere, "This is my moment to shoot my shot." He thought.

" Are you prepared to be in a relationship or not because you have no experience?"

She shrugged.

"Give someone a chance." He stated.

"And who could that be? I'm to analyze the person first before lunging into a relationship with him." She added

He sat in thought then replied, "Give me a chance." He held onto her hands staring intensely into her eyes as if to reach out to her soul.

She wasn't used to such stuff, especially during her teen days, then now. She sat there with breath hitched, thumping of heart against her chest and her palms started becoming sweaty as he held unto them. Her toes weren't excluded, wriggling them as well and her eyes blinking rapidly.

She just slowly, yet with shaking and wet palms released her hands. "Could you give me more time? I have to look before I leap."

He sighed as he lowered his head slowly and his shoulders slumped. He gazes at the ground, looking at nothing in particular. The tension was aroused in Lisa once more. She noticed his posture but her mouth wouldn't harmonize with her brain to bring out the words.

She kept drumming her already shaky and sweaty fingers on her ruffled skirt to lessen the tension built up in her. Not that she isn't beautiful but she's always occupied in one thing or another to realise the stalking requests of the men.

Usually, these men coat their words in the most presentable manner not to scare her but she fails to notice it.

She heaved a sigh in determination shadowing her previous emotions. "I would love to go back home, I have received enough air to clear my thoughts." She half lied.

Formally she was occupied in her mind but now this unknown guy here has dumped a multitude of thoughts that is clogging her mind, she feels it might explode.

The guy raised his head with a look hard to be grasped by Lisa. He stood up brushing his palms together. "I'm Frederick but you could call me Rick." He suggested.

Lisa raised her brows at the short form of his name, why he settled for Rick instead of Fred but anyway she responded, "I'm Lisa," she added, " nice meeting you."

Rick's mouth curved into a satisfactory smile, at least, she told him her name. "May I escort you?" He asked with brows raised in question.

"If you wouldn't mind..."

Inwardly, she chastised herself for letting out, she didn't want him to know her home but she can't cry over spilt milk.

"I think you've done enough today. Why don't you let me take it from here? It's not that far."

He shrugged. "If you insist. Have a nice day gorgeous."

She nodded in response.

She got home and all she had in mind was about her meeting, minutes ago.

"Should I allow him a chance? I'm a novice in the field so what if I earn shredded hearts at the end?" She thought

She paced the room with hands akimbo, then hitting her palms with her fists, beads of sweat also forming on her protruding forehead. She gave up and took her seat again.

"Let me give it a try. I'll begin with little steps like a toddler then maybe our relationship may bloom." She slumped onto the couch shrieking like a toddler who had won a teddy at the claw machine.

Chapter completed
Please if you loved it, go ahead and⭐
Don't forget your comments too. They are my inspiration

P.S Thanks for the previous comments and votes too
Xoxo<3<3