➛⠀𝟭𝟲 | 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗔𝗧 𝗔𝗧𝗟𝗔𝗦 𝗔𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗬

Start from the beginning

Unexpectedly, there was an earthquake, prompting you and Nico to lean against the walls. The ground began to quake as the group moved away from where they were standing. You grasped Nico's arm as images of Novi Grad's devastating earthquake flashed through your memory.

"Another earthquake?!" Molly shrieked.

"Is this it?" Gert panicked. "Is this the one?" She inquired, her hand on Chase's shoulder. To console Gert, Chase wrapped his arms around her waist. "I've got you. Stay calm." Chase comforted.

Nico held you as she looked back at the team. "Nobody move." She ordered.

"Topher's stuck in there!" Alex exclaimed.

You winced as the ringing in your ears began to grow louder until it became unbearable. "Stop... stop." You whispered as you clutched each side of your head. "I don't wanna die..."

Nico shook her head. "No, (Y/n), you're not gonna die."

The rumbling eventually came to a halt, and the school's sirens went off. As Nico moved away from you to check on you, Alex dashed towards you. Nico took a few steps back and let Alex inspect you. "Okay, that... wasn't too bad." She commented.

Alex brushed your hair aside and noticed your tear-streaked cheeks and your eyes shut close. "(Y/n), it's done. It's over. You can open your eyes." He wrapped his arms around you as he sensed your body trembling. As you sobbed hysterically, you leaned closer to him. "I-It stopped?" Your voice cracked.

"Yeah, it's done," Alex reassured. "You're okay." He reassured you. You wrapped your arms around him as you covered your face in his chest, unable to feel his heart beating too hard from how shaken you were. Alex looked back at the school and at his friends. "That alarm means we got about two seconds before earthquake protocol kicks in." He notified while brushing your hair to soothe you.

And just on cue, the speakers turned on as a woman began to speak. "All students proceed to the parking lot for a mandatory headcount."

Molly spotted Topher coming out of the school. "There's Topher!" She exclaimed.

Alex peered out the wall and noticed Topher walking along with the other students. "We gotta get that computer."

Molly turned her head to face Alex. "We gotta get Topher!"

Nico nodded. "Okay, come on, you guys, we're going in." She stated. "Keep your heads down, we'll disappear into the chaos."

"Chase and I will head to the lab," Alex announced before looking down to notice you have calmed down. "You're going with Nico, okay?" He asked softly. You silently nodded as you pulled away from him, both of you suddenly missing the warmth of each other.

Nico turned her head to Molly and you. "Molly, (Y/n), we'll go to the parking lot." She looked around to find Gert. "And Gert..." Nico's sentence was cut short when the purple-haired girl failed to appear. Molly searched the area for her adoptive sister. "Gert?"

Nico shook her head. "We'll find her. But first, we got to get that computer."

"And Topher," Molly added, giving Nico a look. Nico slowly nodded. "Yes, and Topher."

While Alex and Chase snuck into the Academy, you, Molly, and Nico hid inside one of the school buses. You stood there watching as the school officials began counting students, while Topher stood nearby, checking his pockets as if looking for something. You cast a knowing glance towards Nico, who returned your gaze. "They're gonna catch him," Nico whispered as she looked back at Topher.

"Topher!" Molly tried calling her new friend out but it was no use.

You shook your head. "We'll never get to him without being seen."

"We can't just sit here and do nothing," Molly argued. "I'm gonna go get him."

You grabbed Molly's wrist just as she was ready to depart when you and Nico noticed cars coming. "Wait, wait. Molly." You said. Squinting your eyes, the three of you realized it was PRIDE.

"Our parents." Nico gasped. "What are they doing here? We gotta get out of here."

You, Nico, and Molly rushed inside the school and ran up the stairs to the second floor. Nico scratched her head in confusion. "Wait, where are they again?"

You looked to the right. "First door to your right is the computer lab." You recalled Alex's instructions and dashed to the right, closely followed by Nico and Molly. You were relieved to see Alex, Gert, and Chase working together on the computer lab door, with Alex attempting to open it. "Our parents are here!" Molly exclaimed, alerting Alex, Chase, and Gert.

You, Nico, and Molly walked up to the three of them. "They just rolled into the parking lot in their motorcade of evil," Nico stated.

"This'll take one second." As he slipped the key into the knob, Alex became frantic. "Hold on."

When Gert looked out the window, she spotted PRIDE inside the school's premises. "Too late." She notified.

"They're in the building," Chase added as he glanced at the window as well. As soon as Alex opened the door, Molly started yelling. "Run! Run!"

Alex hesitated before joining you and the rest of the group in running. "Shit," Alex grumbled. The six of you kept running until Nico caught up to Molly. "Wait, Molly. Over here. The secret stairs."

"This place has secret stairs?" You gasped.

Molly attempted to open the door to the hidden stairs but she was unsuccessful. "It's locked." She announced.

"Alex," Chase called out.

Alex nodded. "I got it." He instantly took out the master key and unlocked the door. The six of you hurriedly hid inside just in time for PRIDE to walk up the stairs. You heard loud footsteps outside and you almost held your breath to keep yourself quiet. Nico cautiously opened the door to take a short glimpse as the footsteps began to descend. "They're gone. Let's go."

The six of you dashed down the stairs, rapidly yet softly, to not alert your parents to your presence. You and the rest of the group climbed up to the wall and had gotten back from where all of you were. Alex reached his arm up for you to take and assist you in getting down to the ground.

You and Alex stared momentarily until someone spoke up. "Ay, Dios." You and Alex, as well as your friends, turned around to see Topher holding the computer that Alex had requested before, as well as a bag of strawberries dangling from his arm. "Where were you fam? Mission accomplished."

Alex shifted his gaze from the monitor to Topher in bewilderment. Gert scanned the area. "I thought we weren't supposed to say that anymore."

"How did you get this?" Alex asked Topher.

"I walked into the computer lab. Dialed 19-26-3. And here you go. You're welcome." Topher answered as he handed the computer to Alex.

As you remembered what Alex had said regarding the code, you furrowed your brows. 'I thought it was 19-3-26?' You thought to yourself.

Molly grinned at Topher. "That's amazing." She commented. "You rock, cuz."

"Nice work, man." Chase smiled at Topher.

"Not bad," Nico muttered.

You locked your gaze on Topher for a few moments as the others walked away. Topher returned your stare and handed you the bag of strawberries. "I told you I'd get them for you." He gave you a friendly smile and motioned you to grab the bag. Topher winked again as you held it, and he followed your friends out of the school. You took a big breath and walked away, following your friends.