➛⠀𝟭𝟱 | 𝗕𝗘𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥

Start from the beginning

"Hey." You and Topher to see Alex by the stairs with his jaw clenched in annoyance and jealousy. "Group meeting. Now."

Topher sent you one last wink before walking towards a chair near the stairways while the rest of the group sat down on the steps. You grabbed the DVDs and joined your friends on the stairs while Alex was at the foot of the stairwell announcing his plan. "Okay, guys listen up. All I need is an 18-core, 36-thread processor chip."

Gert raised her eyebrows at Alex's statement. "Oh, good." She sarcastically replied. "We have so many of those lying around here in our ruined mansion."

Alex sighed. "I know exactly where to find one."

"Where?" Nico asked. "And how much is it?"

"It's free," Alex answered. "But you are not gonna like what we have to do to get it." You and your friends stared at Alex, waiting for him to say his next sentence. "We're goin' back to Atlas Academy."

Molly scoffed softly. "What?"

"Oh, my God." Gert groaned.

You scrunched your nose and shifted your gaze to Topher, who was preoccupied with his own business. "And what do we do with him?" You asked with a finger pointed at Topher.

Alex turned his head to look at Topher. "Topher? He's the one that's gonna get us inside." He grinned slightly as he returned your stare, while Topher looked surprised at Alex.

°•○●○•°

"Where are we going?" Chase questioned aloud as he, you, and the others followed Topher outside. Old Lace was left at the mansion to keep guard and Nico left the Staff of One there. "Are we jogging to Brentwood?" Gert questioned.

Three cars were parked outside, which caused you and the others to come to a standstill. Molly gasped in delight. "Awesome!"

"Wait, three cars?" You asked. "We don't have the money for this."

"You don't need any." Topher smiled. "I got a gang of free vouchers from a Hollywood Hills party I crashed." He stated, causing Chase to give Alex an uneasy look. Topher shifted his gaze to Alex. "Alex, you and Gert get in the first car." He then turned to Chase. "Chase, you go with Molly."

Topher looked at you and Nico. "And the two of you, you're with me."

Nico sneered and pressed her tongue against her cheek, while you crossed your arms and turned your back on Topher. Alex shook his head with pinched brows. "Wait, why do they have to be with you?"

Topher looked back at Alex. "What? Nico's girlfriend isn't here anyway." He turned his gaze back at you. "And I'm sure you wouldn't mind, right, hermosa?"

Alex locked his gaze on you, and all you did was give him a reassuring nod. "Y-Yeah, I don't mind." You muttered. Alex agreed grudgingly and sat in the first car with Gert, while you and Nico sat in the third car with Topher. Alex opened the door and glanced at the car you were in before huffing and getting inside.

Nico was in the middle of you and Topher as you sat near the window seat. Nico's animosity towards Topher was palpable, so you didn't mind being squeezed by her. There was an uncomfortable and unpleasant stillness in the room, so Topher spoke up to break the ice. "I know you both don't like me, but I'm cool with it."

Nico shook her head. "It's not that we don't like you." She replied. "We don't trust you." Nico corrected.

"I see that," Topher answered. "You're cold to me." He glanced at you and smiled. "Hermosa interacts with me but she's distant."

"She's shy around strangers or new people and cold towards untrustworthy people." Nico defended. "And don't flatter yourself. I'm not warm to anyone."

"Except for your girlfriend and your sister?" Topher chuckled. "I like your honesty."

"I don't do it for you."

You were relieved that Nico had rescued you from having to talk to Topher, but you felt bad that she had to do so during the car ride.

"Maybe that's what I like about you."

Nico scoffed. "I don't really care about what you like."

"Then what do you care about?" Topher smiled. "Wicca?"

Nico snapped her head towards Topher, and you furrowed your brows in astonishment. 'How does he know so much about us? Maybe Molly told him. A little too much.'

"Do what ye will, and ye harm none." Topher quoted.

Nico narrowed her eyes. "What do you know about Wicca?"

Topher grinned. "I know what a spell is. When you take symbols and action, turn them into some... power. Something like that."

Nico broke into a smile which surprised you even more. "Seriously, nobody gets that." She chuckled lightly.

"I do."

Nico scratched slightly the side of her head as she smiled at Topher. "I think, um..." She stammered. "...maybe... I misjudged you." As she moved her posture to face Topher, Nico lowered her hand and grasped your hand in comfort. "Tell me something, though. What's in that vial you carry around."

You understood what Nico was doing, so you kept your mouth shut and let Nico continue to do what she was doing.

Topher let out a chuckle. "Come on, now." He replied. "I've seen what you guys can do." Topher looked at you and Nico. "Um... are all of you holding?"

You looked at him and frowned in puzzlement. "Holding?" You asked. "Holding what? You mean like with drugs?"

Topher laughed incredulously. "Oh, I get it. Playing dumb." He looked away as he smiled. "Okay, I got you both. You both want to keep all your shit to yourselves. It's cool."

Nico moved her face closer. "You want me to share with you, don't ya?" She asked Topher. "Because us kids need to stick together."

Topher nodded. "That's right. So, we're friends now?"

Nico glanced at you, giving you a knowing look, before looking back at Topher, and nodding. Topher turned his gaze to you, and you just nodded along. "You're not that bad." You shrugged.

-•-°-•-°-☆

Sorry for not updating for a long time! Got really busy and I was lacking the motivation to publish a chapter lmao