➛⠀𝟬𝟰 | 𝗔 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘

Start from the beginning

As you approached the man responsible for the explosions, Mike, you noticed he was wearing Chase's Fistigons. Chase dodged a bike that was flying towards him. "Hey! Hey!" You all came to a halt, stopping a few feet away from Mike. "Don't point those at anything living."

"Especially us!" Molly added.

"What the hell are these things?" Mike questioned in pure shock and confusion as he stared down at the gauntlets.

"It's hard to explain," Alex answered. "But we tried to warn you."

Karolina stared at the man. "He's scared." She stated. She stepped forward to reassure Mike. "It's okay. We can help you."

Nico nodded. "Yeah, just be still. We'll come to you."

The Fistigons charged up and Mike threw an energy blast just beside you and your friends. As you and the others sheltered behind an abandoned food truck, Mike cackled. "Oh, no, I'm keepin' these."

Alex turned to you, glancing at your hands. "Can't you use your powers?"

You looked around the area and noticed that a few individuals had lingered to witness what was going on. "I can't. It's too risky. Too many people will see."

Mike launched another energy blast towards a bunch of bikes, making you duck and hold your breath in terror. Mike mounted his bike in front of your friends. "No, no! Hey! Don't!" Chase attempted to stop Mike, but as he passed by, he threatened you and the gang with the Fistigons.

You all watched Mike rush away on his bike. Gert scoffed. "His nickname is 'Mike On A Bike'."

Chase smirked. "Yeah? Well, mine is 'Chase'." You and the others watched Chase get into one of the bikes, causing Gert to chuckle. "That's not technically a nick..." When she saw Chase riding his bike away, she sighed. "Never mind."

You all took bikes while Alex got into a scooter. You gave him a look and Alex just shrugged. "Not all of us are bikers, okay?" You playfully rolled your eyes and you started paddling away, the seven of you chasing Mike.

When you all got to the road, you noticed Mike was still ahead of you. "Come on! Faster!" Chase exclaimed.

"He's heading up the hill!" Gert reported.

"I can't close in."

"We gotta find another way," Alex announced.

Gert focused as she felt the connection between her and Old Lace. "Come find me. I need you." She whispered before whistling loudly.

Chase furrowed his eyebrows. "What is she doing?"

Mike mockingly waved his hands as the seven of you came to a halt and exited your bikes and scooters. When Gert heard a familiar sound nearby, she smiled. Mike screamed after Old Lace shoved him down. Gert smirked as she positioned her bike next to Chase's. "You know how to whistle, don't ya?" She quoted. "Just put your lips together and blow."

Chase stared at Gert. "You can educate me later."

Mike was whimpering and shaking as Old Lace held him down. You and your friends came running up to see him. Mike hands tensed, Fistigons poised to fire at the dinosaur. "Don't shoot her!" Gert yelled. "Old Lace, get back!"

Once Old Lace stepped back, Mike turned to his side and shot an energy blast toward you and your friends. You used your powers to deflect his strike towards a nearby hill behind you. Mike swiftly got to his feet and raced away, while your friends crouched down for safety. Mike was pursued by you and your friends once more. "Leave me alone!" Mike shouted. "Get away from me!"

While following Chase, Karolina suddenly trod on something, causing her to trip and fall down below. "Karolina!" Nico called out. Chase took his Fistigons back from Mike while you and the others looked down on the hole where Karolina fell in. "I got 'em!" Chase stated gleefully as he showed his Fistigons. He looked down at you and your friends when he noticed you all looking down the hole. "What are you guys doin'?"

Chase joined you and the others in peering down, where they observed Karolina using her powers to soar. You narrowed your eyes when you noticed Karolina had found a place. "Looks like Rainbow Lady found something." You turned your head to face your friends. "Let's get inside."

Molly rushed to find another entrance, and you with the others followed her. Gert came up to Molly and looked at her adopted sister. "Molly, you find anything?" She asked.

"Guys!" Molly beamed as she found a door to get inside where Karolina was.

Chase shook his head in shock and disbelief. "What is this place?"

You and your friends approached Molly as she began to use her powers to open the door. You all went inside and discovered an abandoned mansion. Where Karolina had fallen in, there was light from above. Karolina ran over to Nico and hugged your sister with a big smile. As you circled the room, you noticed graffiti, cobwebs, newspapers, and dust. But, no matter how filthy or disorganized it appeared, it felt safe and comfortable. It felt like home.

Molly did not hesitate to lay down on a chair and wrapped herself with a dusty blanket, taking a nap from all the exhaustion. Alex spotted Gert and Chase walking up the stairs. "Woah, careful!" Alex told Chase and Gert. "Okay? It might not be safe."

"Something tells me it is," Nico replied as she walked past Alex with Karolina. "That we are."

Nico and Karolina wandered around the area, while Alex stepped aside as Old Lace approached Gert. Gert stopped her dinosaur. "Oh... girl, stay." She ordered. "It's probably better if we test the stairs without a dinosaur."

Old Lace stood by you, quietly waiting for her owner as Chase and Gert walked up the stairwell. You laughed and patted the back of Old Lace's head. Old Lace gave you a sidelong glance before strolling away to be with Molly. Alex took a step on the stairs when he noticed a shoe. "Huh." He huffed. "Looks like we aren't the first ones to discover this place."

"Guys," Gert called up from the second floor. "It's amazing up here." She beamed. Chase stood beside her as he looked down at his friends. "Except for the bathroom, which is pretty gross. There's also no power or water."

Gert nodded. "Which would explain said grossness. Also, I think we have raccoons."

Karolina shrugged her shoulders and chuckled. "Sounds great."

Nico smiled at Karolina. "Sounds... like home." As they strolled around again, she entwined her hands with Karolina's, while Alex frowned as he stepped down the stairs. "Well, come on, but I just bought all the tents." He whined.

Alex froze in his tracks as you, Karolina, and Nico gave him a look of disbelief. "Kidding, kidding."