𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚗

Florence had started to hate nature. Not just human nature but as in mother nature, the air was bitter and danced with wind and therefore nipped and rosied her cheeks without reasoning no matter how much the sun reflected off her necklace chain.

It was always beating down but it didn't stop her from shivering. And today was no different, four days has passed, and no interactions between the two of them. She was fully aware this mess was because of her rule on marriage, and she was starting to believe he wanted nothing to do with her now. He only wanted her for one thing and so she was moping.

She had been moping until today, until Lady Danbury practically pulled her out from below her bed coverings by the ear. Gave her a tongue lashing for isolating herself, called maids to dress Florence in the best promenade dress she had bought with her.

And now she was forced to be witness of slightly drooping flowers, she wondered if more buds would grow as beautifully as some had previously, many debutantes scattered the paths, deeply enthralled by whatever conversation their suitors were currently babbling about. She wonders if she's been forced outside more than ever in Sweden, though in Sweden she could take and find refuge in lavish gardens and open deserted fields.

Bridgerton family were only a vast distance away but Florence spotted them out. It was not the full family, only Violet, Benedict, Colin and Eloise. Benedict looked dazed, as if he were perplexed at how the sun was in the sky, the cloudless sky lead a direct view into the burning ball, and she watched him amused as he stumbled back from the sudden blindness that overtook him.

She watched, a smile lacing her lips, as he stumbled back into Colin and watched his face contort but made sure his elder brother stayed afloat. Benedict felt her eyes on him, and met her gaze, he grinned widely, his eyes squinting because of the immense smiles plastering his face, he gestured widely up at the sun, blinding himself again before gesturing back to her again. She watched him mouth something, but he was too far away for her to read his lips.

Benedict was having a bad day, he had woken up the same as he always had since the day he spent in the company of Florence, painfully wallowing. And frankly his siblings were growing quickly annoyed at his lack of presence, Colin soon realised he needed a release and offered him one. He was in possession of more opium powder, though he was cautious as to who he informed of this being as the last time Benedict fell into an overly giddy state, and no one wanted a repeat of the dinner.

And until today he had kept to that moral but what brother would he be if his brother was suffering and he didn't offer a solution with some powder?

Once again, Benedict had drowned his drink in the powder, and swallowed it all before grimacing at the taste. He patiently waited for the effects to start but as he did, Colin had to endure a one sided conversation with Benedict about Florence.

He was just starting to talk about her eyes for the third time, when Violet burst through the doors.

"What are you two doing here?" She asks in an accusatory tone, her eyebrow pinched upwards as her eyes flick between the two brothers, her eyes finally falling on Benedict who was resting his head on Benedict's shoulder.

"Nothing," Colin quickly dismisses, he shakes his head as he speaks, which does nothing to reduce Violet's accusations.

"Well, be ready, you both are joining me and your sister on a walk today," Violet insists, Colin opens his mouth to try and argue against his mother but closes his mouth as soon as it fell open.