Who's your mummy?

Start from the beginning

"Billy!" I heard my boyfriend exclaim from the stairs. "If I knew you were gonna make up an annoying song I never would've suggested-"

"Yard sale. Dubi, dubi, dubi, dubi!" Nora skipped in, singing with a basket of her bows. Max tried his best not to yell. "Yard sale. Dubi, dubi, dubi, dubi." The younger siblings started dancing and I went up to Max who looked irritated. I rubbed his arm, giving him a soft smile and he returned it.

"Guys. This is gonna be great. We'll make a fortune selling our old junk, buy a pool and then invite cute boys over for pool parties." Phoebe explained to us, nudging my shoulder when she mentioned 'cute boys' and I gave her a tiny grin. Why invite cute boys when I already have one of my own.

"What is it with you and cute boys?" Billy asked his older sister.

"It's a girl thing," I answered for Billy, glancing at Max.

"Yeah, and it's not like I have an app on my phone that tells me when there's one on our block." Phoebe scoffed and right on cue her phone beeped.

"He's cute." The phone spoke and I looked at Phoebe's phone with a strange expression. Phoebe checked her phone and we gave her a look as she hid it. That's just creepy.

"I had enough of this place. Unbearable heat, unnecessary singing. Billy!" Colosso exclaimed and Billy glared at the rabbit. "Jetpack take me away!" The jetpack produces sparks but doesn't work in the process. "Uh. I blame Billy." Billy puts his arms up in defense.

"Oh, cool. Comic books and action figures." Max dug through a box labeled 'Attic' and pulled out a packed action figure of Electress. "Oh. This isn't cool. It's just mom." He put the action figure back. "Nobodies gonna want this Electress stuff. Mom never saved the world like dad did."

"Yeah, but your mom did other stuff. Like.." I trailed off trying to think of something. "What did she do?"

Max shrugged. "I don't know, but dad was out there stopping runaway trains, taking down villains and inventing the cookie-pie. Is it a cookie? Is it a pie? Only dad knows." Phoebe and I nodded. I picked up my box of stuff and placed it on the table as the twins did with their stuff.

"It's both!" Hank exclaimed as he and Barb came down the stairs.

"And that's why he's a national treasure." Max continued making me giggle. I saw Max pick up a box and he placed mine on top of his and motioned me to follow him outside.

"You know, I could've carried that," I told my boyfriend as we stepped outside. Max placed both boxes on the tables that set up and he turned me.

"I know, but I'm your boyfriend." He replied which caused me to smile at him. I stayed quiet and grabbed a few things from my box and placed it on the table. "Bella?"

I moved my eyesight up to Max who was staring down at me. He looked concerned.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"What's wrong?" He asked me and grabbed my hand.

I put down the clothing I had and let out a small sigh. "Nothing." I say shrugging and then looking back on the box. Max looked at me, and then walked up to me.

"I know you're lying but you can tell me later" he said and kissed me on the top of the head.

"Do you ever hate that we have to keep this relationship private"

"Sometimes but if it means I get to be with you, it's worth it" he said and I smiled.

"When do you think we should tell everyone?" I asked my boyfriend, turning to him. Max dropped my hand and moved both his hand to my hips and rested his forehead on mine. I moved my head up to look at his brown eyes.