𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

not proofreaddddd 🥺

Sayuri ' Yuri ' Carter.
Atlanta, GA
July 12th, 2021.

"Mama!" Antonio yelled agonizingly loud

"Mama!" Antonio yelled agonizingly loud. Yuri was currently pouring the tide washing liquid into the washing machine. She had got done with everything for the house, the mortgage payment she went half with Dayvon, using the huge life insurance settlement her mother had left her. Cleaning was done, the kids had ate lunch, and she was finally done unpacking.

"Yes!" She yelled back, still very not used to being called mama. It kinda made her feel important in a way, like she had somebody to nurture, look after. It made her feel mature.

"Denae keeps messin' wit' my PlayStation! Every-time I sit her down, she keeps gettin' up—you needa chill lil folks!" He told her sternly getting annoyed with his younger sibling. Yuri laughed running to the living area to grab Denae, putting her on her hip, she knew pretty soon Tatiana would be dropping in to come get her, so she was gonna head upstairs to get her ready.

"Grandbabii, you need to stop talking like your daddy!" Yuri laughed grabbing his face as she walked past him to the stair case, watching Dayvon come down from his heavy sleep. She ignored him walking up the steps, Dayvon sucked his teeth.

"Say—Sayuri?" He called after her to which she didn't answer. He sucked his teeth following her up the stairs. "You don't hea' me talkin' ta you, gang?"

"I hear you, I'm just not responding," she said softly heading to the family room where Denae's bags were.

"You still mad at me, ma?" He asked quietly standing in the doorway watching her getting Denae's belongings together.

"I'm not even mad," Yuri muttered, "I just wish I would've stuck to my first mind and kept my ass in Chicago. I should've never came down here."

Dayvon sucked his teeth, "now yo ass jus' talkin' don't say dat shit."

"Say what?" She frowned pulling on Denae's jeans. "It's the truth, you drug me out here to be a nanny and a housemaid? Congratulations. You tricked me." She blandly responded. "The only good thing to come out of this whole move was Antonio calling me mama. The only good thing."

The doorbell rung and Yuri looked at the notification from the ring app on her Apple Watch. Hoisting Denae up in her hip, she kissed her cheek grabbing her bags knowing it was Tatiana. "Come on Nae Nae, let's go to mommy!" She said in a excited baby voice. Walking past Dayvon he leaned over kissing Denae's cheek. Carefully walking down the stairs, Yuri hurried to answer the door.

Tatiana and Yuri weren't the best of friends but in passing months became more cordial and friendly. Tatiana had let go of all the hurt and baggage of Dayvon and in hindsight, she could see why he and Yuri worked so well. She was his polar opposite, sweet, polite, kind and he was rough, mean, and impatient. Pulling open the door Yuri smiled seeing Tatiana outside.