IV: From One To Another

Start from the beginning

"Somebody? Not, some people? Do you really think one person will be able to cover as much ground as we did with all four of us?"

"I asked if they were going to bring in anybody else and they just laughed at the idea of working in teams. But, I guess we'll find out if it works or not. We'll see if this rabbit can keep up with a group of cats."

Mandalay arrived at the front door and removed the latch along with the lock on the handle, turning it clockwise to pull on the door. Once the door had been opened all the way it revealed a woman who was short in height, but definitely not in stature. "Hey Miruko."

"Yeah yeah yeah whatever." Miruko 'greeted' with a lazy flop of her left hand. "I'm here for the villain ass-kicking not the sweet touchy stuff of getting to know you. Nice digs by the way, cause if anybody were to get lost in these woods all they'd have to do is look for the giant ass cat face sticking out from the trees."

"Hoh-HOHHH! Miruko!" Tiger exclaimed as the Rabbit Hero entered within the Pussycats' domain and ear twitching to her name. "Long time no see! How long has it been uhhh, not since the Egg right?"

"Mm, probably. I see you guys on the news every now and then but nothing really too special. Not like me at least, ANYWAYS. So I gotta wear some weird pair of cat ears just to get info on what's going down?"

"You don't have to but it's a nice little touch." Mandalay opened up a nearby closet and dug around for a few moments in a box, closing the door once she grabbed what she needed. In her right hand was the pair of catEar-Phones that went along with her hero outfit. "You're more than welcome to use your own emergency transmitter but it won't receive frequencies like our earphones do. These were custom built to search through multiple frequencies at a time so that it has a chance of picking up distress signals from lost civilians with radios. Plus there's a little system on the right ear that allows you to separate each frequency from the other, letting one be louder than the rest if need be."

"Hmmm....nah, I'm good. I've already got one pair of ears on my head no point in putting another. Even if your little headphones have all kinds of bells and whistles there's no way-"

*CSHHH*

"-illain's fleeing into the nearby woods and looking to lose the police amidst the trees! Chopper's been dispatched to provide aerial support, suspect is known to be armed and extremely dangerous! Do not engage alone! Repeat, armed and extremely dangerous!"

"DIBS!" Miruko snatched the pair of headphones out of Mandalay's hand and bolted out of the front door, nearly knocking the wood off of it's hinges when she leapt into the air the moment her foot touched outside. Several more 'whooshes' of air were heard from her strong legs until the last of the noise disappeared along with the heroine.

"She's gonna wear the headphones isn't she?"

"Probably." Mandalay replied. "Though I doubt she'll admit that out loud. Come to think of it I haven't seen Miruko in action for a really long time, you're right, the last time was all the way back at the Egg. Huh. Felt like it was just yesterday when that happened. Man time flies by really quickly."

"It definitely does." Tiger added before taking another drink from his beverage. "Hey but on another note, I've been thinking."

"Hmm?"

"I know this is really late and all but I been thinking about what you said a while ago between Midoriya and Bakugo. Now that I really think about it yeah it does seem that there's more to it than just his explosive attitude isn't there?"

"What brought this up all of a sudden?"

"Oh I heard you on the phone yesterday speaking to the kid, didn't know you'd take up an amateur position of a therapist."