I was quiet as I took this in. Helios had a unique perspective; I'd never thought of that before. "I suppose you're right."

He laughed. "I usually am."

I opened my mouth to reply, but there was suddenly a crash from behind us and muffled shouting. We both got up immediately and looked behind us just as the doors burst open; a group of people were struggling around something. As I peered closer I realized it was Neroii - the male faerie's beautiful wings were beating furiously as he tried to free himself from the strong grip the group of men around him. He was yelling something at the top of his lungs in a language I couldn't understand. Avaia trailed anxiously behind the group as the struggled down the staircase, her delicate hands twisting delicately. The movement reminded me sharply of Myrnah in her distress.

Everyone stared after the group as they disappeared, Neroii's shouts slowly fading as the distance increased. I looked back at the doors of the chamber to realize that everyone inside was now trailing out, muttering amongst themselves irritably. I peered over the variety of heads till I found Apollo's dark haired one; it was bent low as he talked seriously with Ildor.

"I wonder what happened there." Helios said thoughtfully beside me. I jumped; I'd completely forgotten my glowing companion.

"What a gong show." I turned to find Astera striding toward me, her bright eyes rolling heavenward in annoyance. I glanced enviously at how snugly her dress hugged her curves; if I'd ever wished to look like somebody, it was Astera.

"What happened in there, if you don't mind me asking?" Helios said before I could reply.

Astera stopped gracefully in front of us and glanced at Helios indifferently. "I'm afraid I don't know you, solstae."

In any other circumstance, her brashness would have been considered rude, but Helios simply smiled in amusement. I guess Astera was infamous for her lack of courtesy.

"I'm Helios, son of Raea." He said, bowing his head in a small movement. He made up for Astera's lack of manners immensely.

"Oh, I've heard of you." Astera looked barely impressed. "Lilah, if you didn't know, you're in the presence of the Prince of solstae."

I looked at Helios in surprise, and he smiled apologetically back.

"Anyways, proceedings are post-poned until tomorrow." Astera flicked her hair back with a familiar twist of her wrist. "Neroii got anxious at our discussion and decided to start moaning about how his darlings deserve justice."

"You feel no empathy for his situation?" Helios frowned at her.

She rolled her eyes again. "Don't turn me into a monster, Prince. I'm very sorry for his tragedy, but he's playing it up in my opinion. Faeries are such drama queens."

"You're talking a tad too loud, sister." Apollo had walked up behind her, and I felt a smile growing on my face at his proximity. I wondered if I would ever get tired of him.

He smiled gently back at me before leaning in to whisper something in Astera's ear. I watched as her face concentrated on what he was saying, and after a minute, she nodded.

"Excuse me, Prince Helios." She smiled sweetly at him. "It seems we have some business to attend to. It was so nice to have met you."

"You as well." He beamed back, seemingly oblivious to Astera's sudden formality with him. He smiled at me and bowed slightly to Apollo before moving away. It wasn't really like walking, although that was what he was doing; his feet seemed to glide over the floor as if he wasn't there.

"Fascinating creatures, solstae." Apollo's hand found mine as he followed my gaze after the glowing boy. "Helios is a shining example of that."

"We're wasting time, Apollo." Astera hissed at her brother.