𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Kiyotaka trailed behind him, wearing a similar outfit, minus the slutty top.

"You're all so gloomy," Gojo picked up one of the towels, "We came here for the beach, did we not?" He looks at the group expectantly.

The kids glance at each other, shrugging.

"Well then, let's go!"

"Why don't you go into the ocean, Kayo-chan?" Maki asks, shooting a glance at the girl.

Kayo laid on her towel with one of her favorite shojos cracked open. She glances at the lifeguard that was perched on the railings of the guard-house a few meters away from them, "I don't trust men with man-buns," she replies plainly.

"She can't swim," Kiyotaka deadpans, actually answering Maki's initial question. He was also reading a book whilst basking in the sun. Probably one of the few things he and his sister had in common-- a love for literature and not knowing how to swim.

"My ex-husband had a man-bun," Gojo chimes in.

"Oh yeah, what happened to him?" Yuta asks. He was currently building a sand castle with a working irrigation system and a village with Inumaki.

Gojo sighs, a bit dramatically, "Divorce,"

"Oh."

Maki jogs to join Nobara, Yuji, and Panda in the water as they were about to start a game of volleyball. Kayo looked at the four longingly, then glanced at Megumi who sat on her left side. His eyes were fixed on the ocean ahead, and underneath his sunglasses, Kayo knew who he was looking at specifically.

"Maybe you two should talk it over," she whispered so only he could hear.

He tore his gaze to look at her. "It's the rational thing to do," he tried keeping his voice steady, "but I don't think..." he trailed off.

"I understand," her voice softened a bit. She understood. Megumi wasn't ready; the wound of heartbreak was still fresh.

Suddenly, Gojo stands up abruptly.

"I have an idea!" He waves the group from the water over.

"This can't be good," she mutters under her breath, earning a stern look from her brother.

"Since all of you are acting so lame on this supposedly fun trip, I'm proposing we play a game," he announces, clapping his hands at the end to add emphasis.

Everyone stays silent, waiting for him to continue.

"Let's play...a scavenger hunt!"

Silence.

"Tough crowd, eh? Whoever wins gets 10,000 yen,"

That definitely gets a reaction.

"What are the rules?" Maki asks with a smirk. She was the most competitive, physically, and mentally strongest out of the group. In her eyes, it was a won game for sure.

"There are no rules-- except maybe don't injure each other too much,"

"Satoru--" Ijichi began, suddenly worried for the bloodthirsty-ness of the kids.

Gojo waves him off, "You'll be in pairs of two," he raises a peace sign, signifying the two. "And I'll be picking the teams," a devilish smile forms on his lips.

Ah shit, Kayo thought.

"First up," he gives himself a drumroll beat by slapping his thighs really fast, "Kugisaki and Maki," he points at the two girls.

Ah shit, Kayo thought.

"Panda and Okkotsu," he points at Yuta and the pale boy standing next to him. Panda's real identity wasn't known to many people-- due to quite literally always wearing the school mascot costume. But underneath, he was this pale young man, with jet black hair. Everyone called him 'Panda', including the teachers.

Gojo's finger then points to Kayo, who was conveniently already standing next to her partner (or so she thought).

"I'll stick with Meg--"

"Ah uh uh uh," Gojo wiggles his finger back in forth, his smirk widening, "you, young lady, are going to be with this young man," he gestures to Inumaki.

Kayo's face flushes.

Inumaki shrugs and smiles, walking over to stand next to Kayo. He nudges her with his arm gently, "We'll win,"

Kayo's face flushes even more. She nods, and signs "Okay,"

"And that leaves you two!" Gojo beams, clasping his hands.

"The last team is...Yuji and Megumi!"

━━━━━━━

[A/N: also to clarify a bit,, 10,000 yen is about 80 U.S. dollars :]]