Chapter 5 - Discovery

Start from the beginning

The Guards nod, and we keep running. When we get out of the maze of dark oak trees, we gather around and I teleport us to the Citadel.

When we arrived, the Orange Leader was already in the hall, seemingly trying to clear his mind from the recent happenings. I hate to add to this burden... he turns to us.

"Oh, you're back. Did you-"

I interrupt. "Huge problem, get the other Leaders, quick. Everyone needs to hear this."

Once the Leaders are all in the meeting room, I rush in and take my place.

"What's with all the panic, Light?" The Yellow Leader asks.

"I hate to constantly be the bearer of bad news, but somehow, the Darkness is back. And Shadow is leading it."

You could hear a pin drop from the silence that envelops the room.

"I'm sorry, WHAT?" The Blue Leader says. I explain the situation further.

"I don't know how, but the Darkness has returned and is being led by Shadow Sabre, and he has that cursed Sword as well. They've already gained enough Infected to start planning an attack, which me and two of my Guards overheard. I don't know when, but they're planning to attack the Kingdom soon."

The rush of commands throughout the Citadel happens before anyone could blink. While the Leaders prepare the people, I go to my Guards and get ready for an incoming battle. The word of the Darkness returning is out already, and everyone is panicking as they collect what is dear to them and secure their homes. The entire Kingdom is going on lockdown.

—————————————————————————————————————

"Are they gone?" Dark asks. It's been a while since we hid in the cave after hearing someone.

"I'll go check." Rainbow says.

"Are you sure? What if it's Shadow?" I say. "Or someone from the Kingdom?"

"Don't worry, I'll be careful." Rainbow says, exiting the cave.

It's a few minutes before he contacts us through the Crystal.

"There's a guy in a hooded cloak here." He says.

"Darkness?" We both ask.

"No, it's slightly... green? Yeah, there's a guy in a hooded dark green cloak next to the river."

Silence.

"Holy crap, it's a Green Steve."

A Green Steve? Here? What's he doing? We hear a quiet voice coming from outside.

"Hello? Are you guys there?"

"He knows about us?!" Dark yells in the Crystal connection.

"Shh, he's still saying something." I say. The Green Steve continues.

"Don't worry, I'm not with the Kingdom. I followed you because I live near here."

"...I'm gonna show myself." Rainbow says. Dark and I start to protest, but we hear the Green Steve speak to him before we can get a word out.

"Hey there. Do you recognize me?"

Rainbow takes a minute to respond.

"...Hey, actually... I do. Aren't you the Green Steve that Sabre and I saved and brought to the Hub?"

"Yes! That's me! Hi again, friend."

I remember him, too. He helped me through bad times, and was the only one that I felt truly accepted me as I am. However, I thought he lived much closer to the Kingdom? Did he move?