"Good morning dolls. We ready for school, Ava?"

She nodded, "lemme get my bag!"

She runs to her room, her shoes clapping against the hardwood as she giggles. Seb studies the table and then looks at me, a tousled mess. "Are you two eating ramen for breakfast?"

"Yes we are, it's delicious. Hey, thanks for taking her, will you come hangout with me after?"

He let out a nervous breath. "I have a few things I gotta do this morning but I can grab lunch and come back before I gotta get Ava girl later?"

I nod, standing to scurry to him and wrap him in a hug, he lets out a hum as his arms wrap me up.

"Its also my pleasure to help, Angel." I beam as I turn back to my noodles, "thanks Stan."

I'm so sore but I am doing whatever I can to mask it, I don't have time to be hurt.

Ava skateboards over to me and wraps me in a hug. I sit down, fighting my urge to flinch, "have a good day, Butterfly."

She holds my face and kisses my forehead, "bye Momma. Love you.

"Love you too, Ava."

"You better relax while we're gone." Seb warned as Ava pointed to confirm the point.

"Relaxing. Done." I put my hands up.

+Sebastian+

I could feel an apprehension from Harlow this morning when I rolled over in her bed and pulled her into me gently. I don't know if it's regret or concern but the message was received. I kissed her head and made my way home to shower and get ready for the day. I put on the black jeans she likes and a white tshirt.

I'm on my way back for lunch with Harlow, I grabbed her favorite pizza and salad from little Italy.

I hate that I have to have a hard conversation with her after everything. Life is about to get so busy at the end of this year, so I need to make sure to give these girls my all until I can't.

Ava skipped happily all the way to school, she seemed fine since the attack, and I can assume I have something to do with that.

Saundra mentioned how much Ava talked about her fondness of me. How she is okay her dad is a monster because Sebby is the best friend ever.

.....And I will continue to learn how to do better for them and figure this out.

+++

I'm in the elevator feeling nerves, I know it's about to get complicated whether we want it to or not. I have to have the conversation with her before we go to California next week.

I knock on the black door, I hear something in a singsong groan but can't make it out. I turn the knob and it's unlocked, when I walk through the door I see Harlow sprawled out on the couch in the same clothes she wore this morning. Her eyes were closed and her hands touching all over her face. She is so beautiful, yet everything she does is adorable. 

"Are you awake, Harlow?"

"Only kinda, I took a pill the doctor gave me for my ribs, I feel goooooood. Good mmmm-good. A little upset but mostly a-ok."