"You knew I would do it." Blaise rolled his eyes and grinned, which was an incredibly rare sight. "Hell, it was my idea the last time to take you when those two prats squandered their opportunity to take you. I know you definitely ended up kissing one of them that night at the Yule Ball."

"Both of them, actually." Clementine flushed at the memory.

It didn't take much to rile either boy up back then. The mere suggestion of her dancing with anyone else was enough to make them lose their minds, and Blaise's plan had worked masterfully back then to have them each wrapped around her fingers.

She had hoped for only an ounce of that to happen tonight, but it looked like neither party was interested in playing games anymore.

"Do you mind if I cut in?"

Clementine looked up through her lashes to see Theo smiling back at her. She turned back to Blaise who shrugged, letting her make the decision for herself.

"I suppose so." Clementine accepted Theo's extended out hand. Her heart skipped a beat as he smiled at her.

"I'll be over there if you need me." Blaise pointed to some tables where other faculty were all sitting around idly. He whispered so only Clementine could hear, "Hopefully you won't."

"You look absolutely incredible tonight." Theo muttered as his hands fell into place around her waist. His eyes roamed her body, lingering wherever her body curved.

"Susan looks beautiful tonight." Clementine fell into step with Theo. He didn't hesitate to let his hand rest on her lower back, and the skin to skin contact made her shiver. "She's stunning."

"Oh please. How would you even know?" Theo scoffed in response. "You haven't even looked at Susan once since you arrived."

"Have you?" Clementine pursed her lips as she stared into his blue eyes. "Susan is your date tonight, but I have it on good authority that you've been watching me ever since I arrived."

"Zabini will tell you anything you want to hear." Theo muttered as he pulled Clementine flush with his body. She gasped at the contact before easing into him. "Ask any one of his many conquests."

Clementine let one hand rest on Theo's chest while the other was positioned on the nape of his neck. The music had slowed, so the pair were merely swaying against each other. "And you're so sure that's what I wanted to hear? That you were watching me?"

"I don't doubt it for a second." He smiled confidently before lifting Clementine in the air as the music picked up again. She laughed as he spun her around before helping her land gracefully back on her feet.

"Well you'd be right." Clementine nodded as the slit in her dress rode up to expose more of her thigh. Theo's eyes darkened as he watched her. "That is exactly what I wanted to hear. Why do you think I wore this dress?"

"How could I not stare at you, Clementine?" Theo admitted, "You're the most captivating person in this room. In any room, for that matter."

Clementine gasped as Theo dipped her back, his arms cradling her to keep her in place as they danced. Laughter bubbled to the surface as she smiled back at him. That was the thing about Theo. He always knew how to make her laugh and have fun. It was something that she often forgot to do on her own.

Theo pulled Clementine back towards his chest and the two spun around, not even dancing in time to the music. She stared into his ocean eyes that pulled her in like a current. They were in their own little world, as always.

Clementine felt her heart swell, only for it to sink when she finally caught a glimpse of Susan Bones across the room. She really did look beautiful as she stood there talking to Luna and Neville. Her long, red hair was plaited down her back, and she wore a dress in a similar hue to Theo's suit. She glanced over at her and Theo with a sad, wistful smile on her face.