-𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

"My siblings and niece have been taken. Where are they?" he asked.

Monique said "You're interrupting my Aunt Sophie's consecration." as Elijah confused asked "How did this happen?"

"Aunt Sophie was a casualty of war." Monique said with a smile.

"Monique, I recommend you give me what I want. Unless, of course, you'd like me to level this place and everything in it." Elijah told her as Monique said "That won't be necessary. I have a message for you from Celeste."

She raises her hand toward Elijah and started casting a spell on him. Elijah, suddenly uncomfortable, pulled at the collar of his shirt.

When he ripped open the top button of his shirt, he saw the name Theresa tattooed on his chest.

Monique continued the spell as many more names appear on his body, including the familiar name Sabine.

"To find what you're looking for, follow the path she left behind." Monique told him.

✧✧✧

Back at hospital, Rebekah was back in the hospital bed from earlier, the wooden stake Genevieve stabbed her with still buried in her chest.

She had just gasped awake to find Genevieve humming softly as she made an herbal potion, which she mixed with a small amount of her own blood.

"What the hell are you doing, you ruthless bitch?" Rebekah asked her as Genevieve told her "Poor Rebekah. You should rest. You're looking a little peaked."

Genevieve yanked the stake out of Rebekah's chest and let Rebekah's blood drip into the potion as well.

"Of course, that's to be expected, given the impressive amount of werewolf venom in your system." as Rebekah said to her "If I weren't so bloody sick, I'd rip your head off!"

"But you are sick, and comforting the sick always was a talent of mine. I take care of my friends. We were friends, weren't we? Of course we were." the redheaded witch told her.

She took a cool, damp, washcloth and started blotting at Rebekah's forehead with it.

✧✧✧

FLEUR-DE-LIS SANITARIUM, 1919...

Rebekah was working as a nurse at the sanitarium during the Influenza epidemic. One of the men she's caring for started coughing uncontrollably, and Rebekah, looking awkward, tried to comfort him.

"There, there... unidentified sick man" as she patted his shoulder gently.

The man coughed up blood, which accidentally splatters all over her apron. "Oh... that can't be good. " she frowned.

She saw Genevieve, who was also working as a nurse, tending to a nearby patient. "You Red !"

Genevieve, in nursing uniform, turned to face her. Rebekah gestured to her to come over.

"Here, try to take a sip of this" she told the patient. She gave the patient a small glass of an herbal remedy. The man drank it and became quiet.

Rebekah smiled and said "Mmm... just like magic" as Rebekah touched her so that Genevieve could sense what Rebekah was. "But, then again, what would you expect from a practicing witch?"

"It's a simple herbal remedy. It won't stop the inevitable, but it should ease his pain and quiet his lungs. For a while, at least." Genevieve said to her.