5. Swords and Magic

En başından başla

"Thank you, Jack. It's called decency, Kim." Jerry glared at her.

I sat up. "He's got a point, the girl is hot!" Everyone looked at me weirdly, "What! You're looking at me weird for admitting that I find women attractive but when Jerry lied to a-" The sound of a kazoo cut me off. People started laughing at Milton, who was dressed as a medieval king, blowing into a kazoo. He put the kazoo in his belt before raising his baton.

"All hail Miltonius! The newly-crowned king of Nernia!" Milton announced, making me facepalm.

"See, Milton, this is the reason. You had to go to the spring formal with the biolab skeleton." Jack said, walking up to Milton.

"I'll have you know that Bonita is an excellent dancer." Milton defended.

"Hey, I know what's going on." Eddie realized, "It's that time of year when all the dorks come out. To play swords and magic in the park."

"Or if it rains, we use the bingo hall at the senior center." Milton nodded, "We tear it up!"

"Hi, Jerry." Kelsey greeted.

"Hey, Kelsey." Jerry said nervously, "I was just talking to this kid I've never seen before. I don't even know his name. Right, Milton? Really, Jerry?" Jerry reprimanded himself and I chuckled lightly. Jerry sat next to me as sat on the floor in front of me, resting his head on my thigh. Milton started pointing his baton at us.

"Guys, big news: This year you all are gonna participate in the battle with me." Milton told us excitedly.

"What happened to all your other friends?" Kim asked.

"You know, the ones that throw up when we try to talk to them?" I explained, leaning my head on Kim's shoulder.

"Well, this year things are a little complicated. Francis has a bassoon recital, Jeffrey is a finalist in the mathlympics. And Louis got grounded for teaching his cockatiel bad words." Milton explained.

"Dude, we're not gonna be a part of your nerd fest." Jerry refused.

"Very funny, Jerry." Milton laughed.

"Yeah, nerd fest is in Minneapolis in October." I chuckled. Jack looked up at me in surprise, "What? I go with him every year because there's always free signed books there!" I defended.

Jack shook his head and stood up. "See, Milton, a bunch of dudes in tights, Running around the woods beating each other senseless. With foam swords is just not our thing."

"Unless your ani (Japanese term for big brother) eats your leftovers that clearly had your name on it and just left the empty container in the fridge. Leaving you with high hopes for eating the rest of the really good curry your okasan (Japanese term for mom) made but ultimately getting them crushed. Then it's my thing" I glared at the wall.

"She right," Kim agreed, "Her mom makes a damn good curry and when her brother ate her food it got ugly real quick"

"Well, it's my thing." Milton said, "And I wanna share this moment with my best friends. That's you guys."

"I don't know." Eddie sighed, standing up, "I just quit the cello. And threw out my panda bear backpack. I'm just starting to get cool!"

"Are you? Are you really?" I asked.

"Come on, just give it a chance." Milton tried to persuade us, "Soon you'll know the exhilaration of bounding down a hill, Cape a flutter," Milton started explaining as we all quietly rushed to our classes. I grabbed Jack's hand and dragged him to our biology class.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Jack, Kim, Eddie, and I walked out of the dojo as Jerry danced his way over to us, "Guys, check it out. I smoothed everything out with Kelsey. I promised I would never lie to her again, And I got a date with her this afternoon!" Jerry boasted, "The kid is back in the game. Whoo!" Jack gave him a 'bro hug'