Chapter 24: In a Matter of Time and Space

Start from the beginning

The second Prince stood up from his seat with a disappointed look on his face.

 "Seriously, Anastasius, what is your problem? What do you expect me to be-- to be someone like you?"

Odette sighed. It hasn't been five minutes but it seems that there will be a fight between the two brothers. 

Meanwhile, Anastasius nodded his head. 

"You're a Prince, Claude. The Empire expects nothing less from you," he explained. "we'll be celebrating your 16th Birthday and your Return in High Society. Now's the time to form connections."

"That's what you want, but I plan on being a Royal Knight in the province of Siodonna."

"That's not your choice to make."

"But it's what you want-- isn't it? You reign as Emperor and expand the Empire, while me and Odette are thrown off to the side."

Anastasius stopped eating and slammed his fists to the table. He could feel anger boiling in his veins.

"I only want what's best for the Empire. I have been training Odette to utilize her powers for the Land of Shadows. Is that not we agreed on, sister?" he turned to the princess.

"Yes, that is our agreement." she replied in a calming tone. "so please, will the both of you settle down? Let's just sit down and talk to each other properly."

Claude bit his lip and apologized to Odette.

"Sorry, Odette. I trust you, but him?" he pointed to Anastasius. "I don't trust him one bit. Ever since we were young, Anastasius has been having these weird episodes wherein he feels like a different person."

Anastasius stood up from his seat. "You know nothing about that, Claude."

"I don't know a lot, but I'm sure that it makes you dangerous."

"Stop talking nonsense."

"You almost hurt Odette. You also killed your own mother."

Odette's eyes widened at Claude's reply. She looked at Anastasius.

"What is he talking about, Anastasius?"

Before Anastasius could talk, Claude immediately cut him off.

"I was a fool to think that we'd actually have a peaceful dinner together, just like we were kids." he suddenly said, grabbing his coat. "I'll take my leave."

Anastasius didn't even bat an eye as Claude left. He simply  sat back down and continued eating, as if nothing happened. 

Odette stared at him with disappointed eyes. 

"Is it true, Anastasius?" she asked. "did you really kill mother?"

He didn't answer. The room was only filled with silence. 

Odette sighed and stood up from her seat. 

"If you don't want to talk, then I'll leave."