𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄.

Dayvon Bennett.
Chicago, Il
August 1st, 2020.

"Hey Dayvon! How's things been going for you?" Dr

"Hey Dayvon! How's things been going for you?" Dr. Woods smiled kindly pulling out Dayvon's file.

"Wassup Doc," he smiled, "I been cool. Whatchu been on doe?"

"Nothing much, just spending time with the family."

"Ight, I hea you. OTF, only the family type shit." He nodded playing with his O'block pendent on his chain.

"Is that an acronym you made up?" Dr. Woods asked. "That's pretty nice!"

"Yea, me and my twin came up wit' it," he smiled, "we tryna get into this rappin' shit, so we tryna make some shit stick wit us, you know?"

"That must be exciting," she intercepted.

"Naw, that shit stressful on gang," he yawned, "my bad—you see what I'm talm bout tho?"

Dr. Woods nodded, "sounds like a lack of sleep is going on. Is that the problem?"

Von nodded, "yea, my girl Yuri, she brought these melatonin gummies n shit to my crib this morning. Told me take 'em at night, they posed ta help me sleep. You eva had em?"

"Yeah, I actually use melatonin for my nieces and nephew too! They're a great sleep aid." Dr. Woods paused. "That's actually pretty funny, I have a patient named Yuri." Dr. Woods already knew he was talking about Sayuri. And although, she knew she had to protect patient confidentiality. She knew these two were a couple, so spilling a pinch of information wouldn't hurt.

Dayvon smiled, he knew Yuri wasn't a common nickname at all. "Yea? She brown-skinned, pretty as hell? All sweet n shit?"

Dr. Woods smiled at his description of her, she adored how he describe her physical qualities along with her emotional. Her husband did the same thing with her. "Yes. She's all of the above."

"Yea," he seemed shy as she continued fiddling with his chains, "that's my girl, then," he smiled to himself.

"Dayvon, you have a lot of things we kind of vaguely went into a couple of days ago," Dr. Woods looked through her notes, "we briefly talked about an domestically abusive relationship you were involved in. Can we dive a little bit more into that?"

Dayvon sighed. He really didn't think Tatiana abused him. Sometimes her anger got the best of her and he couldn't really blame her, Dayvon had a complicated attitude, he was hot and cold and she couldn't handle it. "Naw, she ain't abuse me," he covered, "it wasn't nun like dat. I jus' be tweakin' sometimes and she ain' know how to handle it—"

"Dayvon, don't make excuses for your abuser," Dr. Woods cut him off, "she hurt you, you didn't do anything wrong. You told me you used to love her, protect her, support her—"

"I did," he cut her off, "and she did the same fa me, we both protected each otha."

"Until she started cheating?" she added watching his break through. "Trying to push you down the  stairs, stab you? Punch you in the eye?" She gestured to multiple incidents including his still swollen eye. "Or what about the time you told me she fought you in front of your daughter? Threatened to kill you in your sleep?" Dr. Woods shook her head.