Ang dami daming nagcheer ng pangalan niya but I think she only heard me kasi sa'kin lang siya tumingin. Puso mo, Leni.

Once the song started, ito na naman ako. Eyes zoning out on everything but Risa, ears hearing nothing but the music and her voice.

Gaya nga ng sabi ko kanina, malala na 'to.

Am I real?
Do the words I speak before you make you feel
That the love I have for you will see no ending?
Well, if you look into my eyes, then you should know
That there is nothing here to doubt, nothing to fear
And you can lay your questions down 'cause if you'll hold me
We can fade into the night, and you'll know

Rivermaya's 214. How timely.

Under the bright lights of the stafe, she sang with her eyes closed and swayed to the sound of the music.

The world could die, and everything may lie
Still, you shan't cry
'Cause time may pass, but longer than it'll last
I'll be by your side

As those lyrics left her lips, shivers ran down my spine. Hindi lang dahil nakakarelate ako sa kanta (as it can somehow describe Risa and I's friendship), but also because she was staring right into my eyes while she sang them. Her dark eyes burning into mine a little too deeply, a little too intensely that I had to look away.

Nako, Risa. 'Wag ganyan, mahina ang kalaban.

She ended the song and was met with hoots and cheers. Umupo na ulit siya sa tabi ko and asked kung okay lang daw ba 'yung ginawa niya.

"Anong okay? You were amazing, ang ganda ng boses mo!"

"Baka binobola mo lang ako ha. Pero thank you. It's been a long time since I last sang a whole song in front of a crowd."

"Akala ko nga kakantahin mo 'yung Risa pa eh," I said teasingly. "Or kaya 'yung pangako sa'yo."

"Grabe, throwback to campaign days 'no. Pero seryoso, did I do alright?"

"You sang beautifully as you always do. Pero why 214?"

"It felt right to sing it saka it reminds me of our friendship. How we've managed to beat the odds once again by winning the elections, and going through all the things we've went through together."

"Hmm, that's true."

We sat in silence after that. I mentally cursed myself kasi say something, Maria Leonor. Siguro ito na 'yung chance mo. It's about time. Huminga ako nang malalim.

"Risa..." I began.

"Hmm?"

"I..."

"Hello po, Sen. Risa and President Leni. Pwede ko po ba kayong picturan? For documentary purposes of tonight's afterparty po."

Bakit naman gano'n? Ito na eh, feel na feel ko na. Kumakabog na 'yung dibdib ko, nanginginig na 'yung kamay ko tapos biglang may sisingit?

I almost said no pero nahiya na ako kasi ang bait naman ng pagkaka-approach niya. I agreed so Risa and I posted for a picture. Our heads were inclined towards each other and we were smiling our brightest.

"Leni, what were you saying kanina?" She said as soon as the photographer left.

Wala na ako sa mood. If hindi ko nasabi ngayon then maybe hindi ito 'yung time for me to say it. Instead of telling her about how I felt, I held her hand and replied, "I was about to tell you that you're my constant. Since 2016. Ang daming nagbago except for us — except for this. I wish nothing changes kahit pa mas lalong bumigat ang responsibilities natin."

"Of course nothing will change, Leni. You're my constant too."

I looked at the pink leatherband that I gave her that was still clasped on her wrist. Kahit tapos na 'yung campaign period, suot suot pa rin niya. I had to admit, it felt kind of good and heartening that she wears something that came from me.

"Risa..."

"Yes, Leni?"

"Will you still be wearing that pink leatherband tomorrow?"

"Oo naman."

That much was enough to ease my mind. The 6 years ahead of us won't be easy but I know that she's got my back no matter what and that leatherband proves it.

Those two words were enough to ease my heart too. Knowing that Risa's wearing something I gave, something that she says she won't take off anytime soon, made my heart swell and beam with pride.

I touched the pendant of my husband's ashes on my chest and looked up.

Hi, Jesse. May tanong ako. You said you've always wanted me to be happy and you've sent me that message in my dreams after your death. Isang beses sinabi mo pa sa'kin na okay lang if I fall in love with someone else. I never did. At least not until now. So I guess my question is,

Would it be okay with you if I'm in love with Risa?