𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘.

i didn't proofread babes.

Sayuri ' Yuri ' Carter.
Chicago, Il
July 29th, 2020.

Yuri, laid her head in her fathers mom, Grandma Dorris' lap, as she had come to visit the family from Memphis for a while

Yuri, laid her head in her fathers mom, Grandma Dorris' lap, as she had come to visit the family from Memphis for a while. Grandma Dorris' adored her grandchildren more than she did her own children. They bought her so much joy and happiness, she truly enjoyed being a grandma. Yuri hadn't heard from Dayvon at all yesterday and now it was going on 5pm and she still hadn't heard from him.

"Grandma he still hasn't texted me," Yuri frowned, "what if he doesn't like me anymore?"

"Baby, I highly doubt a man who takes you to Jamaica for your birthday with all ya friends would stop liking you a couple of days later!" Dorris laughed. "He's probably just busy, Mooks."

"I miss him,"

"I know," her grandmother said rubbing her fingers against Yuri's scalp making her feel in Heaven. She loved laying on her grandmothers lap, she was a grandmas baby for real.

"Breaking news! Chicago Police have just recovered a body of a young man in an alley way on east 59th Street, by the Prairie park apartments. The young man has not yet been identified, we'll come back to you on that when we have some more news! Now, onto Micheal with weather.."

Grandma Dorris shook her head, "they need to stop this senseless killin'. Don't make no damn sense!"

Yuri was getting more fed up by the moment, she needed to know that he was at-least okay. Getting up from her her grandmothers lap she slipped her house shoes back on, jogging up the stairs to her brothers room, where she heard G Herbo's statement playing, she knocked on the door gently.

"Yea?" He tuned the music down a bit.

"It's Mooks!" Yuri said sweetly.

"Come on, Mooks."

Yuri came in cracking the door as she sat on the edge of his bed, he sat up by headboard rolling a backwood on his MacBook. "Wassup?"

"Have you heard from Von at all today? Or yesterday?"

Jourie thought about it, "today hell nah. Yesterday...no." He averted eye contact making Yuri squint.

"You lying to me." She stated and Jourie shook his head.

"No.."

"Yes you are, be honest with me!"

"But that's my homie—"

"And I'm your sister!" Yuri exclaimed. "Your only sibling, your next to kin, Mooks—"

"Aight Damn," Jourie sucked his teeth, "Ian heard from him today but last night we was onna phone fa a grip."

Yuri frowned, so why didn't he wanna talk to her? "Why did you lie to me?"

"Ion know, he said something about not wanting to talk to you at the moment. I just thought y'all got into about some." He shrugged.