𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 - 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘉𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘪𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵

Start from the beginning

Usually I was quite extroverted when meeting new people but everything about this gave me a bad gut feeling and as a result I zoned out of my surroundings. As dumb as it seems to drift from reality in scary situations like this, it was the only thing that stopped me from having a panic attack.

A couple minutes had gone by and I was pulled out of my trance by commotion in the back. Both Rue and Faye were being dragged out of their seats and before I could even react, so was I.

The guy who had a hold of me was way too strong as I struggled under his grip and he held his hand tightly over my mouth to hide my screams. We were taken into an apartment where my eyes quickly landed on Fezco and Ashtray who stood side by side.

The guy who had me restrained eventually let go, carelessly shoving me into the gap beside Ashtray. I looked at Ashtray with concerned eyes and he nodded at me subtly which I took as his way of trying to reassure me.

The bald guy in the middle of the room got into Custer's face and barked, " You come to my muthafuckin' house with two fuckin kids, two junkie whores, and a motherfucker I don't know. You out of your fuckin' mind?"

I was trying to work out which group I had been put in, a whore or a child, as the guy started to circle the room and give us all a scary ass lecture. I could feel myself literally shaking as a woman's voice called from behind us, "Brucy."

The man who I now knew as Brucy walked over to her and after a couple of whispers he returned and turned on the radio, "Alright, check this out. All y'all, let's get naked right fuckin' now."

Me and Rue made eye contact as we both shared the same scared expression. My eyes only widened once I turned to my left and saw Ashtray starting to shrug off his jacket.

I managed to work out I had been labelled in the kid category earlier though once I felt a grip on my shoulder and Brucy ordered, "Except for you two. Keep your shit on. Nobody wants to see no little ass kids naked."

In that moment I was grateful for my lack of height and baby face, mentally taking back all the times I had complained for being mistaken for a kid before.

"Take they're asses down. Put 'em in a fuckin closet," he ordered and then both me and Ash were forced down a hallway.

I could hear Fez calling out behind us as I was shoved into the closet first, Ashtray following after once the guy had snatched his gun away.

I couldn't see Ashtray because of how dark the closet was but I could definitely hear him. He was letting out ever profanity you could name as he kicked at the door in frustration.

Seeing him so angry made reality set in for me as I started to get worked up myself. I couldn't stop the hot tears falling down my face as I tried to muffle my cries with my hands.

It didn't seem to work though as Ashtray stopped kicking at the door so the only thing that could be heard was my sobs.

"Cleo, are you crying?" I heard his low voice in the darkness.

"N-no," I spluttered in the most unconvincing tone.

I heard him let out a deep sigh before he found the light switch and turned it on. I covered my face but it was no use as he peeled my hands away.

I don't think I'd ever seen Ashtray with such a soft expression before. His lips were curled into a frown but it wasn't like the angry one he usually showed, instead he looked more saddened.

"Cleo, I promise we're gon get out of here soon," he assured whilst leaning down slightly to wipe the tears from my face.

His touch lingered on my cheeks as he caressed the sides of my face. I didn't say anything in response, simply nodding as I focused on calming my breathing.

In any other scenario I don't think I would have let him keep such an intimate hold on me but his warm hands came as a comfort in that moment. In return I leant forward and connected our foreheads, closing my eyes in the process.

We both stayed still, taking in each other's presence for a moment to drown out everything going on. After a little while it was all brought to an abrupt end as we heard the door being flung open.

Ashtray jumped back as I did the same. The guy who had thrown us inside was now gesturing for us to exit, showing no where near as much hostility as he had before.

Once we returned to the kitchen area I shuffled to Rue's side. Giving a puzzled once over as I saw her visibly wet clothes and hair. I decided not to ask questions though, still feeling tense after this whole ordeal.

I kept my head down for the remainder of the time we were there as the boys finished their business with Laurie. Even once we returned to the car I stayed mute, not even being able to find the words to describe every thought that buzzed through my brain at that moment.

Rue seemed to do it just fine though, letting out each and every thought that popped into mind. Clearly the high had got her good since she couldn't even sense the fact everyone else in the car was pleading for her to just stop talking.

"Aye, why you actin' like that shit was fun, Rue? Forreal, you're pissing me off. Actin' dumb as fuck right now. Goddamn, all smilin and laughin and shit. Y'know, half of that shit was your fault, too! Fuckin' around, actin' stupid," Fez gave her a well deserved lecture.

I tried to look at Ashtray for some sort of similar reaction but he kept a bland expression. He was just so hard to read, I couldn't tell if he was as shook up as me or if he wasn't fazed at all by it.

When he eventually made eye contact with me in the mirror he narrowed his eyes at me. I mouthed  "Are you okay?" but he just rolled his eyes.

I felt myself deflate at his dull response. Just as I thought we were making some sort of breakthrough in our friendship, his closed off shell managed to return. It was as if we didn't even share that moment in the closet just thirty minutes ago, as if he still didn't give a fuck about me.

 It was as if we didn't even share that moment in the closet just thirty minutes ago, as if he still didn't give a fuck about me